Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Does Ford and Chevy send out recall notices?

I've owned Dodges since 2001 and they've been good about getting recall notices out there.

It's never been anything major, but at least they acknowledge the issues and attempt to correct them, at no cost to the owner.

From what I can gather in this thread, Ford is INDESTRUCTIBLE, but only after the owner fixes a ton of shit themselves..

Emissions parts, exhaust, head gaskets and studs, etc.. Am I missing anything?

I've owned Dodges since 2001 and they've been good about getting recall notices out there.

It's never been anything major, but at least they acknowledge the issues and attempt to correct them, at no cost to the owner.

From what I can gather in this thread, Ford is INDESTRUCTIBLE, but only after the owner fixes a ton of shit themselves..

Nope you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Yes gm sends out notifications in the mail.

Well plain and simple I'll only list the 1, there is a year that has a SEVERE "death wobble" in the front end that Ford knows about but WILL NOT FIX... I can't quote the year because I don't know my ford years well but that is only 1 of the many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is NOT exclusive to Fords either.

This will happen on Dodges as well. I have personally watched it happen on the highway.

It is due to geometry and straight axle front end designs.

None of my 6 Ford SD's in approximately 730,000 miles combined, have ever done this.

Yes, Ford is good about recall notices.

We have received them over the years for little things on each of the trucks.

U know 6 trucks and 730000 doesn't really help your point about how great ford is. When that an avg 121,000 miles a truck and u listed all the stuff needed to make them good. So basicly will the mods needed to keep your 6 trucks going u probably could of bought a new one

Sure, grab a calculator and go for the average, but you're wrong.

If you had read what I posted earlier you see that two of the have 200,000 miles. each, and two are at about 165,000 each.

No additional money spent to make them live.

These are daily driven work trucks. On road / off road use, driven by multiple employees, used to haul loads and trailers, heavy trailers, plow snow, ect daily.

The two newer trucks are/wer emissions compliant motors. They have had issues. The 6.0 had had minor issues. The 6.4 major. All completely emissions related issues.

As Green has stated over and over, they are all junk in their own ways.

Regardless of which brand you choose, all three have had emissions related issues.

I will give more details later on.

"Ford builds the best trucks out there after I spend thousands of dollars of my own money to fix a bunch of stuff they continually refuse to address for years and years!"

LOL

The Dodge / Ram with the newer emissions compliant motors have had their issues too.

My neighbor gave me an earful last night about his experience with his Dodge / Ram wrecker/tow trucks.

Multiple trucks, small fleet owner.