Herr jugs

snowmobra

Really, how much power would it take to rip the rod pin through the outer web edge on a 4-7mm stroker that is in a good state of tune? I've seen plenty of 100+ HP motors live comfortable on a basic hot rods crank with good outer bearings. Never really see much go wrong till tuner error happens.

• Like 2

crankworks told me a grand for billet +4 webs about a month ago thats why i decided to take a chance with hotrods. hopefully i dont regret it. for the way i wanted the crank done and case work i would of been in it almost 2g with crankworks webs

Did that hot rods happen to get Jap rods and better bearings all the way accross? What was the total on all that if so? Need to do another 4mil crank for my high compression 4mm this season?

it might be alittle far fetched for the pin to rip through the web hole but certainly what can happen is a crack develop above the pin where material gets thin. you can be into a hotrods well over a grand (thats including the initial $400 to purchase it) depending what you have done and the components installed on it and if you can do any of the work yourself and if any case work needs done. depends on your budget and how you want it setup. quit a few options to pick from

So far (Crossing my fingers) I haven't had any problems with my WSM 7 mill crank.  Going on 2yrs now.  With that said, just to be on the safer side, I'm going 10mm billet in the motor I ordered from Cam@Redline.

HJR did my port work & set my whole motor up about 2 seasons ago.. I run 300ft sand drag & ever since I went to him my bike has been on a whole different level.. Yes I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion & preferred builder. But he's not a perfect person, every builder has their flaws. But it's no reason to drag his name in the mud. I have nothing against any of you but it's no way to go about it.. You'd defend your builder just like I'm doing mine. So thanks to Kevin for the great work !3df0230234adb20748ac60321f3d8679.jpg2c1a035838ecff518ad4947d62601947.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

HJR did my port work & set my whole motor up about 2 seasons ago.. I run 300ft sand drag & ever since I went to him my bike has been on a whole different level.. Yes I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion & preferred builder. But he's not a perfect person, every builder has their flaws. But it's no reason to drag his name in the mud. I have nothing against any of you but it's no way to go about it.. You'd defend your builder just like I'm doing mine. So thanks to Kevin for the great work !

Every motor he turns out isn't garbage sure some of them are quite impressive but even ford has a few reliable trucks that doesn't make them a great vehicle manufacturer. I was pleased with my stock stroke stock cyl motor but there's too much proof of his crappy work out there to invest too much into his work

Edited by willaduncan