Am I Ready For A Shee?

i am curently 14 and own a blaster. i have been getting a lil tired of people calling blasters kid quads. i also feel a little big for a blaster. i am about 5'7" (estimate) tall. I have been riding since i was about 6 or 7. In the past 3 months i have owned a Fully race ready kx125 and a blaster witch i have now. My blaster will almost beat a stock kfx....He gets me in top speed by like 3mph. I was wondering if a banshee will be a good quad for me for after the winter. Or should i jsut beef up my blaster a little more and keep it for about another year. If i do get a banshee it will most likely be stock or just have pipes.. thank you....my blaster mods are in my signiture...didnt list them all becuase i ran out of room

same here man,I started out like u but i have been riding my blaster since 12 yrs old and all my older friends said that the blaster was for 5 year olds..so now i got this BANSHEE in mah garage and i love it, but i am still kinda scared of the powerband on full throttle in fith and sith gear.. but i will get used to it soon...as u can see in my signature i have a 240 big bore in my blaster(not exacly beefed up) but it is nothing compared to my shee..it's like when ur 10years old on a cr100 dirt bike then all of a suden ur ridin a suzuki hayabusa(just a saying)... it is a big jump but it is well worth it.cuz im like u.. im kinda big on my blaster but when i riding da banshee i feel like i have enough room for two more ppl!! :D

buy the banshee....its just the best u can get,plus u have experience with 2 strokes so it should be no problem for u to fix or tune it

Ive been riding dirtbikes since I was like 7 but just recently (past few years) have gotten into quads. Iam 16 now but I dont have as much as experience with realy hopped up machines like you do, and I still got used to my banshee alright.

Just take your time and use your head. As long as your carefull and dont try to go flyin' around on your first try you should be fine with getting a banshee :)

Goodluck! :D

IMHO If I were you I would get a yamaha warrior. And then ride it for a year and then get a banshee. I wouldent jump blaster to shee. Warriors are pretty fast. I know a guy that keeps up with my shee on his warrior but he can ride alot better then me. Check the warior out or there is a 400 ex. They are a nice pre shee quad as well. my.02

i say go ahead and buy one ,a shee was my first bike and after you get used to the powerband you can then tame the beast ,for some reason since i was like 12 i wanted one really bad but my parents wouldmt buy me any bike but when i turned sixteen there it was and when its working ,riding is a whole lot of arm slinging action.oh yeah and ninjamaster ,im sorry but warriors are damn slow. i dragged one after a few months of havn my shee and killed it .in fourth i was a good 15-20m in front. my shee shee is my first bike .

you'll be fine man, my dads friends son is 9 and he rides a ported banshee with pipes swingarm,cool head,boost bottle, v froce, etc.etc... and he rides it no prob, is pretty funny looking though since he can barely reach the foot pegs.

i just put abotu 250 more into it tho so im going to have to wait till the summer of 04 to get one...all my life has basicly been 2 strokes.at age 11 i bought a rt100 dirt bike and when i was 12 i got my first blaster...i have learnd alot about blaster and can do a top end rebiuld within 2-3 hours. i have rebuilt 2 blasters and have done lots of motor work to them (pritty impressive for a 14 yea old huh?) .i no 2 strokes are alot of maintance but im not sure if i like the thoughts of a thumper. as for a warrior.....that would be a big decrease in performance. like i said before in about a week ill be able to beat kfx's. on stock gearing i only lose to them by like 3-5 mph. i should be recieveing a +4 1/2 swingarm to keep my front down (no more wheelieing in 4th gear with 20" tires) and a 14 tooth front sprocket. i also recently bought a wb front bumper. Now i was thinking if i keep the blaster i could do a project 250f and mount a yz250f motor in the blast. well i worshipe banshee but i also love to have the "different" quad. so the motor transfure might be better. so what will it be guys? motor transfure(either yz250r or yz250f) and get a shee when im 15-16, or forget the transfur and buy a banshee in the sumer of 04.

thank you

i went from a blaster to a shee too. Its ok, but goin to a stock or fairly stock shee makes it much eaiser. As to mrmooney, that is dangerous, that kid shouldnt be ridin yet. That is part of the reason why ppl say they r so dangerous, is b/c ppl like ur friend let him ride that thing. thats my thoughts, i mean, if he is just puttin fine, but if he is really ridin it, then thats just wrong. Thats y there r stickers on the thing. He should be on like a blaster or something. scyoracr911, ur ready, just use ur head man, and stay safe. Peace out.

The TORS can give ya some trouble if it decides it dosent like you. Also, someone on here said if you get the carbs wet when its hot it will either bog real bad or rev like crazy.

Iam a newbie banshee owner (got it last week) so I dont know nearly as much as the rest of the people on here from experiences, but thats what I do know.

hope that helps