Threads on flywheel are completely stripped. Now what?

Originally took stator cover off to find the clicking/ticking....while recoding noise I watched video later and noticed flywheel moving.... Been out half dozen times since then....rode bike hard....more them 12 launches from 2nd gear racing people on dry lake bed....hill limbs in sand dunes...trail rides...ect....been little worried but....wanted to ride anyway....I've put like 6 seasons on the motor it's due for a teardown

Yeah I bet mine has been that way since I bought it but it's not surprising cuz it had 392 cub cylinders on a stock crank since like 2007 that's some long hard years on that crank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

What I would do is find a steering wheel puller and then drill and tap bolt holes as close as possible to the inside of the hub on the flywheel. Might be able to reuse the flywheel using this method as it won't flex the steel the magnets are mounted to.

The issue with the flywheel moving to the one side is probably because its climbing the bevel gears on the PTO side. The amount of walk is most likely thrust load related wear on the crank bearings.

What I would do is find a steering wheel puller and then drill and tap bolt holes as close as possible to the inside of the hub on the flywheel. Might be able to reuse the flywheel using this method as it won't flex the steel the magnets are mounted to.

The issue with the flywheel moving to the one side is probably because its climbing the bevel gears on the PTO side. The amount of walk is most likely thrust load related wear on the crank bearings.

I've got some different pullers at work I'm going to try out and see if I can get it off. So the crank bearings are most likely worn so that means I'm done riding it for now! I just spent way too much money on some ported stock cylinders and new top end I don't want that crank to come apart and wreck my fresh top end

I remember using a 2 jaw puller after I was told to use the correct tool.... Couldn't get it off...was told it would hurt flywheel....I got correct tool and got lucky I didn't hurt anything....in your case you got to do it.... You have spare though

Yeah I'm not worried about wrecking the flywheel it's already junk with the threads totally gone

You can put the motion pro puller into place and weld it to the flywheel, then it presses off like normal.

I use that same method with bearings... pipe tacked to the race, and the right nut for the slide-hammer welded on the other side. Works great on a shaft, or when there's no room for a blind puller