Hello ladies an gentlemen

Hi I'm not new here I had another account but i forgot the password lol anyway I now have a hole in my case right above the front sprocket the chain came off an blew a nice little chunk off I think i got lucky because it's not leaking or anything.

Now Im in the process of taking the chain off next week i might take off the back sprocket an give it a hour long inspection for wear an damage.

The week after that I will take off the front sprocket an replace it with a new one with a brand new nut an washer thingy.

Does anybody have any tips for doing such labor?

Cotton branch ones run around 130.00.

A good case saver sound be able to absorb the impact of a chain. Usually metal/aluminum case savers are worthless. They do not absorb the energy from chain and cases will still break where the saver bolts to. Also, the cotton branch savers are made for specific sprocket sizes to prevent chain bind witch will also bust cases.

But hears a clue. Adjust and lube a chain once in a while. Cant tell you how many times i see quads popping chains because peps are too fucking lazy to properly adjust them.

Cotton branch ones run around 130.00.

A good case saver sound be able to absorb the impact of a chain. Usually metal/aluminum case savers are worthless. They do not absorb the energy from chain and cases will still break where the saver bolts to. Also, the cotton branch savers are made for specific sprocket sizes to prevent chain bind witch will also bust cases.

That's what i was hesitant to get anything metal. Thanks.

I didnt know theirs were size specific.

Got a link to a properly adjust chain slack? If it's in the Clymer, never mind.

Edited by RagunCajun

Hi I'm not new here I had another account but i forgot the password lol anyway I now have a hole in my case right above the front sprocket the chain came off an blew a nice little chunk off I think i got lucky because it's not leaking or anything.

Now Im in the process of taking the chain off next week i might take off the back sprocket an give it a hour long inspection for wear an damage.

The week after that I will take off the front sprocket an replace it with a new one with a brand new nut an washer thingy.

Does anybody have any tips for doing such labor?

take it to a shop