need help, run in with highway patrol and my bike is gone

The police does have solutions to raise vin numbers , will they go to that extent for you depends on how persistent you are ,powder won't erase vin numbers . Might want to go precinct talk to them and find out procedure. If it was stolen you wouldng be going to get it back. Plus I've seen impounds around here fuck bikes up depending on reasons for impound , I've seen gas/water in the tank , sand in the engine , clipped harnesses, stolen parts

Supposedly the investigator is supposed to be there today, which the day is winding down. I hope to hear something. I have probably 250 pictures of this thing in all the building I've done to it, all receipts and it definatelyis not stolen. I know the title matches the fframe I checked it when I bought it years ago. Yes guys, please cover your vin when powdercoating and clear over it. You could lose everything u had and loved. I don't know what I'll do if the system takes what is rightfully mine. Have a few lawyers on stand by to call if the news is not in my favor from the investigator. For fuck sake then I come.to work to try and forget and my bike is my screensaver. This shit is killing me. I'll keep you all informed. Wish me luck.

The engine number is not on the title. Is there a way to verify the motor number with the vin? Obviously it is not going to put the numbers on the frame, but would definately help the not just a coincidence side of things if I can look up the motor number and it says what the vin should be.

If the officer ran the engine number it should have returned to that frame. I can see why it was impounded if the Vin was not readable though. Good luck getting it back and the sooner the better impound fees go up daily.

Sorry to hear about your problem... I can't believe the engine # isn't on the title!!  They are on Cali titles...
Anyhow, IDK if they'll allow you access to your quad so you can raise the numbers, but here is a link from some that have found solutions to the same issue.  Hope this helps!!

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91807

Investigator just called. Claims he has been working on it for 7 hours today. Which is funny because i called at 1130 and he wasn't there yet, sooooo. Anyway, he said there are various techniques to try and talked about the acid, but didn't tell me exactly what he did today. He said the numbers are starting to clear and some are legible but he needs more. He claims he is trying another technique tomorrow that speeds it up ( from what I read it is sulfuric acid soaked cotton ball with the pos and negative of a battery charger attached both to the cotton ball). He claims he is confident he will get the numbers to show and when he does the officer that took it will get ahold of me to make arrangements to pick it up. So it's sounding better but not out of the woods yet. Definately a precaution to people wanting to powder their frames. Also in ohio the engine vin wasn't with the title. Shitty

Sleeper the trooper investigating told me to keep his number if i had any questions. Seemed much nicer than the twat that took it.

No way in hell any cop was gonna impound my shit when it's on a trailer. I am not the cop hating type(even with criminal history). But if I had paper work brought out and he still wanted my shit, he would of had to give me the Treyvon Martin treatment before there was any cooperation. I know some of you don't agree with that since you're affiliated with or have friends/family that are cops. However we all know there are a lot of cops who use the badge as a means of making others miserable. This is when I start advocating dead cops.

• Like 3