hole shot bog problem

jscharphorn

From those numbers maybe the angle is wrong for Pistons your using call cam at redline get a set of cut domes and try it if everything else is up to par you gotta try something domes are telatively cheap in the gran scheme and cams domes are based off a .020 base like your running

What bike were you running? Our crew up there on Thurs, Fri, Sat. Made it to last banshee standing on SAT (round 8 of 10) damn snomo trikes! We had a tough time with bogging on FRI/SAT...running same setup as on Thurs but the track got really sticky after all the rain. 80 rippers were grabbing way too much we had to lighten spring pressure and drop RO to 78 extreems.

domes came with motor so would not surprise me if they were wrong cut, everything else was wrong with this motor when I got it and had it tore a part to make sure everything was right.

I have not tried any electrical, I will be out of town this weekend and will try new carbs first of next week and see what it does.

Chukkinsod, I was just there for Thursday, I ran my yfz450 ( 513 )  and had my cub on the trailer, I was hooking way to hard with it and could not keep the front end down, I did not have spare parts to try with it..

Not to get too technical but those domes do not sound like they would work well. .044 at the outer edge is fine but squish shouldnt change that much. Jeff at Fast or Cam at redline and the $70 or whatever will be money well spent and great to just start over with the domes. In my opinionn good domes are more important than porting on small cubs. They can make 15hp difference at times on a 421 honestly. There is tons of poor performing domes sold.

How wide was the total flattend area in mm? That will give you an idea on width wiithout removing the head again. Next time i would rec a build sheet on assembly documenting everything from port timing and dome design to tune up settings.

Thanks, I have not check what your asking.

I got the 39 carbs today and mounted them and now I am getting a hole shot, I only tried a couple times and need to spend more time with it but was out of time for the weekend, I will be out of town and back at it on Monday. I will be checking into the domes also.