Newbie over $7k in the hole and still no running banshee please help

So I bought a 2000 banshee for 2000 cash running and I get home to find all the crap that was rigged and decide to to a top end all gaskets because its leaking oil everywhere. So in the process of tear down I realize how bad its been wrecked I buy new +1lsr steering stem fatbars lsr +2 long travel a-arms stage3 Elka's new plastics and custom cut decepticon grill new tires rims pro circuit exhaust new protapwr clutch lever and cascade polished master cylinder cause mines stripped and leaking so the totals getting high well I find out during assembly my cylinder studs are stripped so I replace them and find out its the stud sleeves that are fudged so dumb me order a deal on eBay of the Athena 392 kit after I get it and put them on I find out pistons jump out of the cylinders and after days of work and research I find out I have a stock stroke long rod banshee also neither of my heads would go back on the bike with out a mallet so that's a no go it had a chariot head ..anyways talk to Vito's and get talked into longrod 68mm pistons then thinking its gonna work I order a noss machine head and love that guy he refunded my money the first time when I wasn't ready then when I though I was he still hooked me up with a refund for saying I found him on banshee HQ anyways great customer service but now these new pistons will not go into my Athena cylinders the clips that came with the wsm forged 68mm looks too big for the piston after its compressed it still sticks out on certain sides and I got them into the bottom of the cylinder but its so tough now I feel it needs a hammer to go down more and I know I have the clips in the right spot and I'm ready to remove this motor shipping it off and pay what ever to have it done right I've been screwing with this for a few months and too much money to not be running and I impatient so I'm ready to send it off also I live in north Texas so if there's any builders near I can drive to I'll bring to them ...

A thousand words and around 7 periods. That was a fun read. Sounds like maybe you shoulda done a bit of research. Prob coulda searched around on here and saved yourself a TON of money. When's the partout?

Did you lube everything up with the type of oil your gonna run....what do the rings look like when pressed against the oil hole on the pistons....post some pics so we can help...also i feel like i heard athena doesnt make cylinders anymore unless thats Vitos version...but anyway what do your rods say are they 115 rods...pictures can say 1000 words sometime

• Like 1

Got the hotrods long rods. It was stock bore before my screw up with some porting.

also its a full Athena kit off eBay heads cylinders pistons gaskets

but ya I'm ready to just literally buy a new legit top end and also I have a cascade clutch cover and lock out that will be here in a few days

• Like 1

On top of all this crap I have had my motor half stripped in my garage for weeks and all the rain has had the air too moist and it took all my 300lbs of weight to get it to turn over so I could get one side a top dead center..

To Everyone who reads and helps me thanks and sorry for the run on sentences I am on a cell phone and never use punctuation...

And I am pretty much down with up to another $2k if I can get this thing setup right full build