Carb Size?

Mxracer776

:blink: i bought my shee cheap because it was in baskets.the person who orig. owned it raced it and had alot of aftermarket stuff.i put it back together and am wondering about the carbs.they are mikuni tm carbs that measure 28mm id on the intake side.so i guess that these are 28mm carbs and are not stock?the tors is elimanated.it also came with a twist thottle.2)what jetting do you recommend? mods are posted below.right know it is 280 main 30 pilot.i connected the thottle tors wires together so it would run but someone told me to just unplug the little black box under the gas tank is this true? thanks :D

i think you should keep the 280's run your needles in the center position and drop the pilots, providing your running a filter with no lid on the box, should run good from there do a plug chop, PC's arnt fuel/air whores like a Toomey or FMF, the only real way to tell is from a plug reading, i know the stock carbs wanna see a stock pilot with pc's, start by just feeling it out, it should pull through the rpm range with no flat spots where it hesitates or "Bogs" it could rev fine, and then die with a load on it, riding it and reading the plugs is your answer........yes unplug the box under your tank.........

also the side of the carb's have a sticker that say's not for aircraft use.are the mikuni tm's good carb's and can anyone tell me if 28's are stock or not? :blink:

I bought aftermarket carbs that had a sticker like that...I've never seen a stock carb w/ that sticker....I'd say they are not....

Banchetta

I live at 4300 feet, with a milled head and k&Ns my son's friends shee is close to the same setup.

My son shee has the tm's and mild portin and adv 4 He kill him in a drag.

the drag was a up slight grade too. so maybe he is alot faster than 80. I was useing the cars on the freeway as speed gauge.He was passing them.

Well I did the porting. it was more like good cleanup, Narrowed the intake center bridge, radiused the egdes, Knife edge the tranfer bridges, Polished the exhaust port. But i didn't cut any windows. I still want to beat him :)

Now on my shee I Did some repair on the poor job it had radiused all the striaght cuting the intake had, case match the new base gaskets. alittle port raising and than mirror finshed exhaust. rebuffed the cyclinder for more shine. Noss head soon

Well I did the porting. it was more like good cleanup, Narrowed the intake center bridge, radiused  the egdes, Knife edge the tranfer bridges, Polished the exhaust port. But i didn't cut any windows. I still want to beat him :)

Now on my shee I Did some repair on the poor job it had radiused all the striaght cuting the intake had, case match the new base gaskets. alittle port raising and than mirror finshed exhaust. rebuffed the cyclinder for more shine. Noss head soon

The noss head will give you a few bike lengths in 500' and even more after....I'd also put a +4 timing advance, and depending on your riding, you can gain some w/ dual K&N pods...as long as you don't go through water...what are your air box mods and what are his???