Idler gear shim

Hey guys,

I have been waiting all week for the shim that goes behind the idler gear so i can put my bike back together and ride but it never showed.  It's # 9 below.  Can I get a washer from a hardware or parts store in a pinch to keep this from ruining my weekend plans to ride?  If so, what specifics should I keep in mind?  Is it thicker than the notched washer (#10)?  Help, i'm desperate

1PwgfaG.jpg

Great, thanks guys.  That notched washer is pretty thin too.  I think I'll take it to the store with me and just try to match something up to it (minus the notch of course)

Asking for issues and ground metal in the motor, those bushing are made to have that idler gear constantly contact it , any washer from a hardware store will wear quick never mind the fact I doubt you'll find something that thin. Oh wait just grind it down

I ended up sourcing the proper shim.  I was skeptical of using something makeshift and none of the washers would have ever worked anyway.  They were all way too thick.