Manny's MX build

Isn't that normal?

I'm thinking with the extra travel he has now, plus the mono silencer setup, that things have to be getting very close when fully compressed.

Maybe I'm wrong...?

On my Laeger, I had to space my silencers outward about a 1/2" to clear my brake caliper at full compression.

I'm thinking with the extra travel he has now, plus the mono silencer setup, that things have to be getting very close when fully compressed.

Maybe I'm wrong...?

On my Laeger, I had to space my silencers outward about a 1/2" to clear my brake caliper at full compression.

Maybe its cause yo junk doesnt have the Elka Lt linkage in da back....or could be its irrelevant since its taken 10 years to put a motor togetha...just sayin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hang on, you have 12" of clearance between the silencer and your brake caliper when the suspension is fully compressed??

Hahah I know I was just yanking your chain..I'd actually have to check i would think if anything was going to hit it'd be the parking brake block off since it's not directly on top of the caliper as you know.

• Like 1

Hahah I know I was just yanking your chain..I'd actually have to check i would think if anything was going to hit it'd be the parking brake block off since it's not directly on top of the caliper as you know.

Ha! Gotcha

Well, speaking from experience, I'd encourage you to check it before you bomb a jump or two.

Ha! Gotcha

Well, speaking from experience, I'd encourage you to check it before you bomb a jump or two.

Thanks for the pro tip! I definitely will I'm curious myself now. But man the new set up is freaking prime! Haven't gotten it out to the track but from what I experienced this weekend it's a huge improvement. The stage 5 shock + jet getting the valving on point + the link= solid ass set up. I've never liked the valving that comes from Elka themselves I always add another 25 pounds or so and even then it's too soft. I messed with it a bit and didn't set up the sag before going out there just did it by feeling how it compressed based on my last set up and even then never came close to bottoming it out and I wasn't close to maxing out the adjustability. My bike has no problem hooking up out there with the paddles and having a -2 swinger so I can't really comment on that yet. But everything in conjunction is working amazingly. The helper/tender spring on the other shock would come close to being maxed out where as on this one he put a beefier spring so it dampens the smaller impacts a lot smoother. Can't wait to see how it feels on the track.

• Like 1

If you wanna know if the caliper will hit just take the Shock off and see how far up you can move the swingarm up

IMO, this needs to be done with the rear shock in place, except with the spring removed to best determine maximum compression.

The squish of rubber bump stop on the shock shaft needs to be considered into the overall travel too when testing the range of motion without the spring in place.

• Like 1

Yea when I get a chance I think the easier way to determine it is if I measure the amount of remaining shaft on the shock to the bottom past the bump stop and take that to the bottom of my exhaust and if it would hit then I'd have to see how much since the bump stop wouldn't allow it to completely bottom out to that point.