This Is Kinda Weird

ninjamaster

I looked in my maual and think I better follow the 24:1 which is 5 oz of yamaha R 2 stroke mixture mixed with pump gas. How ever on the bottle it says to put 11 oz in 2 gallons why is it not 10 to 2 gallons? 1 gallon = 5 oz 2 gallons =11oz? 5times 2=10 not 11 its weird? I dont wana burn a piston like I did on my big wheel. Am I going to have problems if I mix it this way? Does anybody else do this?

The numbers 40:1 for example means 40 parts fuel to 1 part oil.

The best way I have found to mix is get a "Ratio Right" cup. You can get it a just about any local motorcycle shop. It has all the ratios on the side of it. You just choose what you want the desired mixture to be in a certain amount of fuel and fill to that line. It's as easy as it sounds.

I'm with Led. I use Castor 927 at 40:1 with 110 oct.

broke

The numbers 40:1 for example means 40 parts fuel to 1 part oil. 

The best way I have found to mix is get a "Ratio Right" cup.  You can get it a just about any local motorcycle shop.  It has all the ratios on the side of it.  You just choose what you want the desired mixture to be in a certain amount of fuel and fill to that line.  It's as easy as it sounds.

I'm with Led.  I use Castor 927 at 40:1 with 110 oct.

broke

Dont you have it backwards 40 parts of oil to every 1 gallon of gas is what i thought

Just remeber when choosing a mix ratio, the oil is smart not the engine. The type of oil is the deciding factor for the ration. See what is recommended on the bottle. I know most are very vague and just give the ounces per gallon so you'll just have to take the suggestion you get in stride. I run 40:1.

I am running 40:1 with Klotz super techniplate. You can figure out your ounces per gallon with this simple formula. You fill in what you want for the variables.

128/x=ounces of oil per gallon.

x=ratio number. So, if you wanted to mix at 32:1, (which would be 32 parts fuel to 1 part oil) you would take 128/32 and you would get a value of 4. This is your amount of oil in ounces that you would put into 1 gallon of fuel to make your ratio 32:1. You see, 128 ounces=1 gallon. So, whatever you want to mix at, use the formula, and do it that way. I used to use a piss cup, (it had perfect ounce measurements on it) to mix fuel before I got a ratio rite. But, for the $5 it costs for a ratio rite cup, it takes all the guesswork out of it..... Make the wise investment.