Check these pictures of ported cylinders

• 2 weeks later...

any other cylinders ran as cast besides the 421 cub will need transfer and exhaust work to work well.  at least from what i have worked with.   and also reason why most any other cub combo dosent run all that great as just a clean up..  hell the early cheeta cylinders were really bad a far as transfer actually even being the same from one side to the other.  and a LOT of casting flash.  the newer stuff since cubs came out after a few years are way better right out of the box. 

the t-rex was even worse....  BUT they left room in there that you could pretty much set it p any way you wanted.  as long as you knew how to really work on a cylinder. 

my pile 485 had one side at 122 i think and the other at 128 and varied around the bore.  i had put it together years ago as a dunner so i didnt really check it at the time.  i was really surprised when i finally went back in there to check some things!

So I just got my new cub cylinders from a sponsor on here and pretty un impressed with the finish quality on the intakes. Tell me what you think. Any drag or high rpm ported jugs I've seen had the dividers or separator plates sharpened or made to form a nice transition. These are still very blunt

6eabca55682c54e5c71fa5ca8a0aa637.jpg85c269956f4a88fd6bb45cee7b98db7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wary to port my cylinders, but I'd really like to.

I'm too addicted to low end power (:

He's talking about being addicted to low end on his stock bike. No I haven't. I meant to say on stock bikes. Have you? Tell me all about it.

Ahh ok I see what your saying. Yes I went from stock bike, to stock bolt on's, to 4 mil ported, to 10mil and currently just got my 20mil motor. I trail ride the 10 mil. I can lug the thing around in a high gear no problem. Tons more power off idle then the 4 mil and obviously a lot more then a stock stroke. Now you could have say a 4 mil serval which will have pretty good bottom end but a 10 mil serval will have more then the 4. See where I'm going with this?

Ahh ok I see what your saying. Yes I went from stock bike, to stock bolt on's, to 4 mil ported, to 10mil and currently just got my 20mil motor. I trail ride the 10 mil. I can lug the thing around in a high gear no problem. Tons more power off idle then the 4 mil and obviously a lot more then a stock stroke. Now you could have say a 4 mil serval which will have pretty good bottom end but a 10 mil serval will have more then the 4. See where I'm going with this?

Wait, so your telling me that these long stoke motors make a bunch of torque?
  • Like 1

Sweet, so I should have noticeable gains going to my 4mil from stock. Banshee is my second quad. First was a ds650 which was all torque. Before that just cr500 bikes, and shit like that. Bet that 20mil is nasty hey.