ive got 3 epoxies. devcon f, moroso a+b and some other shit from ebay. the shit from ebay i put in a cup of methanol for a few days and it didnt do well. the other 2 i havent bothered to test. submerging them in a cup of methanol isnt really what happens inside the engine. it has exposure for a few hours then is flushed with gas. right now i dont have time to do a test that would simulate that scenario

according to devcon the f putty has a fair rating with methanol. the test was 7 day cure at 75f then submerged 30days. i have no idea what the definition of fair rating is. i imagine if it did fair in their test it would probly do ok in a engine but still you might want to take the engine apart once in a while and inspect it, maybe 1 or 2 times a year or so ? i dont like jb weld so i cant comment there

not sure if you guys are familiar with reher morison car drag racing but the dude in charge of their head department suggests using a clear coat over the top to seal it and it last alot longer

Edited by registered user

Devcon 10610 aluminum putty is some serious shit. A friend of mine works at a honda car engine plant, whenever they have porosity in a water jacket casting, they use that stuff to seal it up and send it out the door. For them to gamble warranty money on a motor job, it has to be good.