Intake Port.

camatv

nice work. thats the aproach i took also. weld the pockets then the boyesens can be made rather large. still i didnt stop there. did some calculations and even with large boyesens i didnt feel it was enough. just my thoughts

ive even heard of people welding on larger reed cages but thats alittle more involved than i wanna get

i dont think anybody would expect +10hp from a slightly bigger reed block. 1.5hp sounds about right. i guess it depends how much free time you have and if its worth the effort. my self i wouldnt bother with it

not a fan of standard V shaped blocks either. would rather have a vf style. banshee oem block has some of the same problems ive seen on other jap engines. stopper plugs off the boost port. it could be modified but i doubt youd gain much. still rather have the vf style

this engine is running v-2's.  its a true 350cc in a tank of a chassis with a fat ass rider..

the motor really seems to have a much more linear power delivery and much stronger midrange....   these pics were about halfway through.. 

i dont think anybody would expect +10hp from a slightly bigger reed block. 1.5hp sounds about right. i guess it depends how much free time you have and if its worth the effort. my self i wouldnt bother with it

not a fan of standard V shaped blocks either. would rather have a vf style. banshee oem block has some of the same problems ive seen on other jap engines. stopper plugs off the boost port. it could be modified but i doubt youd gain much. still rather have the vf style

I guess it's important to remember, when guys were doing that type of stuff or Triple exhaust, it was because there was no aftermarket jug, no V force reeds, etc . That was when guys had to scrounge for every hp possible and still they were well behind what's happening today.

exactilly..  to me it takes someone really wanting to either honor those old real builds  OR really want to try to figure some things out on their own..  only a very few handfull builders will even do fully welded stock cylinders.  to me its more of a challenge to myself than anything.  i mean really  anyone can bolt on a set of clean up cubs and go race..

as far as well behind whats happening today  i don't really think so.  some of those early motors were really groundbreaking engines overall.  and a lot of them with more modern pipes/ clutch setups and stronger transmissions would still run with the best of today.  some probably were even more efficient in making hp than the really big motors that are so popular today. 

• Like 1

the intake port i posted i am trying to achieve something by using a smaller duration case port.  i'm in the middle of some trail low end port cyls  i'll post them up in a few days.

i did a triple port non welded stock bore on a 68mm big sleeve many many years ago.  had to set up most of the porting then install the sleeve.  it ran ok but i think with what i know now it would work much better.