Banshee push lever assembly/clutch linkage replacement?

I have an 03 banshee that I was riding down the road when the clutch linkage (i believe that is what its called, the internet called it the push lever assembly.. its the piece the clutch cable attaches to that goes down into the motor and has a bracket that bolts down over top of it). either way it popped out of the motor and bent that bracket up when i tried to shift to 5th or so? now its all warped and twisted. (POSTED PICTURES) I ordered a new one and got it in the mail, but am not sure how to install it? When i watched an engine disassembly video, the guy just pulled it right out of the motor? I figured it would be connected to some sort of push rod or something? I do not want to split the cases to do so, but if I have to I will. 

Any help on how to replace this piece will be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance. 

Also, based on the picture of the old clutch linkage piece, i shouldn't have to worry about pieces down in the motor should I? 

post-48595-0-94901900-1423544809.jpg

post-48595-0-75680500-1423544903_thumb.jpg

There is a seal, change that while you're in there. The clutch arm will just drop down in there. The retainer on top holds it in. (Why is there no retainer in the photo?)You should also do the clutch rod and ball. No splitting of the cases needed.

Yes. Once the retainer is off the clutch arm can go up or down. But you also should have the clutch cover off and pressure plate loose. So the rod and ball can move forward while you drop the new arm down in.

There will be a thin metal washer/shim over the seal. Pluck the seal and you will see the needle bearing. You can usually use a screwdriver or small punch to implode it a little and pull it up and out. COUNT THE AMOUNT OF NEEDLES IN THE BEARING AND AFTER YOU PULL IT OUT. They tend to fall apart and can easily be retrieved with a magnet.

If your arm bent up you may also need a new cable. Also don't forget to adjust the adjuster on the pressure plate.