Should i port myself... the banshee i mean but me doing it...

This is for dirtys comment, I never ruined a single set of cylinders when I started porting banshee shit , . I started porting outboard engines like 15yrs ago along with jet ski shit , only started messing with shee engines in 2006 heavy. A lot of my style is brought over from marine shit and works. Twin jet ski motors make 130-140 out the box with bolt ins . When I found out a shee motor made 36 I was like huh. To the op do research and aquire tooling my handpeices are well over a G. Raising shit across the board 1 mm really isn't the right way . Get a degree wheel set up and baseline the cylinder your working on. Read some books they will give you general timings to work off or hit me up in a pm and I'll help you out just like I was helped out when i started

• Like 1

This is for dirtys comment, I never ruined a single set of cylinders when I started porting banshee shit , . I started porting outboard engines like 15yrs ago along with jet ski shit , only started messing with shee engines in 2006 heavy. A lot of my style is brought over from marine shit and works. Twin jet ski motors make 130-140 out the box with bolt ins . When I found out a shee motor made 36 I was like huh. To the op do research and aquire tooling my handpeices are well over a G. Raising shit across the board 1 mm really isn't the right way . Get a degree wheel set up and baseline the cylinder your working on. Read some books they will give you general timings to work off or hit me up in a pm and I'll help you out just like I was helped out when i started

probably because you had a good understanding on how the engines worked anyway, not everyone does.

i dunno what the OP has done in the past, but jumping into porting isnt going to be an easy thing to guess through.

OP should be happy if sleeper06 will give him some tips.
In my opinion, porting is fun and good way to burn time.

Right now I have a nice looking set of door stoppers, so my only helpful tip is: Take it slow... putting that cast back is very hard or impossible.

I see... thanks for the support... ive done this on a blaster and got an amazing lil quad now... almost donne with my banshee... just looking for some good advice but truly found nothing but trolls here.... do not try this yourself... most of this idiots take their bike to the shop....lol

Well good thing you listened to KOC and raised everything by 1mm. Idiot.