Advice on next mods. Need to take out some raptors

joeytvr

I should have did 4 mil during build. I had to buy new crank, rods and pistons. 

Is the a gain to switching to wiseco? Do that have better port windows?

I may port these jugs. If they fuck up I will just have a lasleeve hook them up. They sleeve a few v6 automotive blocks a month for me. 

Pipes will be first since I can use them with what ever motor upgrades. 

I do automotive hand porting and cnc porting.  stroke I know different animal with port locations etc, but alot of port jobs I see people have on here look like crap. lol

• 2 weeks later...

well I am gonna get a set of ported cylinders, bought new 20x11-9 tires. Changed gearing to 14 and 39 for now. Dropped $600 today on bike. Ready to finish it up for him. I have had great advice here and even saved my new motor. Local banshee guru said timing at 8degrees. 

Also saved a ton on getting used parts. 

As to pods or airbox w/ no lid.... if you run where its wet, you'll have problems. Everyone will most likely have an opinion, but this was my experience...

I run an airbox w/no lid, and someone else I know runs pods. On a ride last year it rained, we waited it out, and then rode. For the both of us after splashing water up, it was like pinning the throttle. It was an uncontrollable day until the trails dried out. Both of us were on fresh rebuilds, and it was absolutely scary!

I got to give it to Turbowrenchhead, he dominated the trails... probably cause he couldn't slow down! I had issues with my grips slipping off, rolled a couple times, and broke my collar bone.