Bearing help

draggins10

if the needles are all gone, find something to chisel in behind the race like a pick. bend it out so you can get pliars on it, heat up the outside of the swingarm if no powder coat with a torch and try to pull it out.

I went through this last winter. No amount of heat, sledge hammers, or penetrating oil could loosen it. I had to pull the engine out and cut it off with a disc.

hes got the bolt out..but the bearings fell apart.

Im sure you have tried but gave up when frustration kicked in. Those races are not welded in. They may be rusted but they will come out.

Fold them in on each other. Take a punch and bend it off of the inside of the swingarm. Use a small punch that will get in behind it. If you can bend it away just a little bit all the way around, then you can spray lube in there and let it sit.

Use a dremel or an angle die grinder like the photo and cut the race in half by inserting the bit into the swingarm tube and grinding down thru the race to the tube. do this on the top and bottom to make the race 2 pieces. Then use the punch to knock it loose.

post-44307-14197203771781_thumb.jpg

If u pay for shipping I'll take em out n put em back in free

Haha what's up Carl. This is Nick from Massapequa, you just fixed my blue and white banshee a couple weeks ago actually and told me I needed new swingarm bearings too. My friends gonna give it a go at these out tomorrow; but if we still can't get them out I'll give you a call. Thanks