No spark after top end rebuild

nrakovec

Everything was working great electrically when I started my top end rebuild a bit ago. Finally got everything back together and went to start break in on the new pistons and it wouldn't fire up. Pulled out the plugs (new B8ES, properly gapped) and I don't have spark. I don't suspect any specific parts since everything was working great when I shut it down last, so that would leave wiring and connectors as likely sources. Any ideas on where to start or best course of action/checklist to diagnose this problem? 

Couple other notes: The bike has a rewound stator and TORS eliminated.

Thanks!

I did not pull the motor for the top end, made sure the on/off switch was in the on position as well as the key. Tether switch is installed. As far as I could tell, all connections between CDI unit, coil, and stator looked secure with the coil plugs being the most suspect of all of them, but still seemed connected. 

I was going to grab an ohm meter from work today and try to check connections for continuity, is there specific locations I should check?

Don't recall who' but site sponsor recomended ground wire from coil to engine. Steel (frame) is not good conductor od elictricity. Might try that, and cleaning all connections/grounds.

Mull did a write up. I have one on my bike,my girls bike, and any ones bike I do. I can't say it has worked but it can't hurt.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164219&page=1