Launch with override

MRSHEE2014

ok so then it just rolls past 1st gear.. BUT

if your not happy with a 1-5 starting in 1st your gearing is to short, your not doing it right, you have some sort of setup fail thats causing a problem.

to launch the 1-5 in 2nd just shift it into 2nd up to the line.  make sure the bike rolls a tad in gear after you make the shift to make sure 2nd is all the way engaged.   if not your risking breaking the tips off the dogs.  

if your not happy with a 1-5 starting in 1st your gearing is to short, your not doing it right, you have some sort of setup fail thats causing a problem.

to launch the 1-5 in 2nd just shift it into 2nd up to the line.  make sure the bike rolls a tad in gear after you make the shift to make sure 2nd is all the way engaged.   if not your risking breaking the tips off the dogs.  

Build a bone stock 350 turbo bike. You will start doing all sorts of weird shit to figure out how to get the fugger to leave the line and be happy at the other end of the track. It wasnt ideal, but it worked. Once we figured out what it liked we set it up the "proper" way but there was some pretty serious tail chassing going on at first.

to launch the 1-5 in 2nd just shift it into 2nd up to the line. make sure the bike rolls a tad in gear after you make the shift to make sure 2nd is all the way engaged. if not your risking breaking the tips off the dogs.

I use the 1-5 to asphalt. But i will go sand . So i would not change the transmission just for some days. So until the launch, i put 2nd and leave the clucth a little for secure that the shift enter? Could it jump to another shift and broke something? Before in the post many said that the transmission work launching in 2nd . Maybe some advices are good to not broke the transmission . Thanks

my 485's last setup was overdrive straight cuts, 16/41 gear on 72-74 roll 14 staggerd extremes and the bike weighs 290lbs and i weigh 290 lbs..  it still is a rocket out of the hole.  hell if i dig a deep rut in the sand its even better.  there is no way in hell i can start in 2nd with that setup.   the 535 is even better.   its just what i had to do to keep from destroying 2nd all those years ago when i tried 4 different 2-5 transmissions. 

the biggest thing is to shift when the bike wants to  not when you think you should  usually i'm in 2nd within about 3 foot of the take off.  1st just takes the initial slam of the launch. of course this is what i fouind works well for my particular situation and after 3 seasons of destroyed transmissions what has held up so far..  after the trans started to hold  then i was ripping chains all the time.  but thats a whole notha story

• Like 1

my 485's last setup was overdrive straight cuts, 16/41 gear on 72-74 roll 14 staggerd extremes and the bike weighs 290lbs and i weigh 290 lbs..  it still is a rocket out of the hole.  hell if i dig a deep rut in the sand its even better.  there is no way in hell i can start in 2nd with that setup.   the 535 is even better.   its just what i had to do to keep from destroying 2nd all those years ago when i tried 4 different 2-5 transmissions. 

the biggest thing is to shift when the bike wants to  not when you think you should  usually i'm in 2nd within about 3 foot of the take off.  1st just takes the initial slam of the launch. of course this is what i fouind works well for my particular situation and after 3 seasons of destroyed transmissions what has held up so far..  after the trans started to hold  then i was ripping chains all the time.  but thats a whole notha story

Here's our experience leaving in 1st gear in sand. 17/40, 75" RO 14 paddle Rippers bike 320 lbs. Rider 220 lbs. 443 Cub on race gas. Shifted around the 60' mark.