Custom shifter set up.

Back in July I broke my ankle, tib & fib. I've been tryin to ride since the end of November, but I am still having trouble shifting. In the last week or so I've begged, borrowed, or stole just about every shifter I can think of. (Cascade, Pro Design, Tusk, stocker as far up as possible, magnum, hand full of Billit boss type from random ebay sellers) I just decided it's time to make something I can manipulate with my junk ass foot. I've googled till my eyes burn, but I have only seen a couple quality custom shifters. Most stuff I've seen is cobbled bent stockers. Anybody have any thing hand built or modified an existing stocker?

I definitely don't need to take it that far. Thought about push button stuff, but really I think I'll be ok if I just get the shifter up and out of the nerf nets a bit. Maybe some type of rear set like the street bikes.

Edited by trickedcarbine

What about a heel toe shifter? Use your heel to shift up, toe to shift down. No lifting. My dad's Harley has it.

Or a gp shifter. Press down to shift up and up to down shift.

Exactley what I meant by doing a street bike rear set. Think I'm gonna try a different lever combo I found a pic of, then start looking at rockets and cruiser bikes.

I used rear sets on a drag bike I modified for a friend , I don't usually take pics sorry, but they do work. I used an adjustable rod with two hiem joints I found a custom Harley shop by me , I can see if there still in business if u want I have been out of motorcycle game since 07 and a new knee

the heel toe thing would most likle be your best bet.

a big long bar will bounce around and shift the bike in anything but the smoothest of asphault.  

the air shift would be your other best bet  but then peeps think your spraying nos.