2 stroke VS 4 stroke

camatv

just a thought..

Q: ARE TWO-STROKES OBSOLETE?

A: What would you say if we wanted to sell you a bike that weighed 20 pounds more, was 20 percent more expensive, had lots of extra moving parts, couldn’t be repaired without an ohmmeter, and made less power per cubic centimeter? Interested in that bike? Sure you are?because most likely you have a modern four-stroke sitting in your garage. 

i got a 4stroke, been riding it for a bit instead of the banshee (as its road legal wr450)

i love it, its awesome BUUT !!!! i kinda wish it was a 2stroke.  i love 2 strokes,

450 is cool, but sounds funny and lacks top end.    torquey as and nice down low, but i miss the 2stroke aspect.

i love my banshee. and in the process of a 250r build esr 370. the feal and the sound of a 2 stroke  are the balls. i also have 3 four strokes. 09 xfx 450  08 yfz 450  08 ltr 450.  all are big bore high compressioon ported all are open air box. with 50/50 fuel mix. ltr & kfx are fuel injected with throttle body mods. very responsive absolutly no hesitation. yfz is carbed with mods. cams cranks mods on all and i love them. lazy mans wheelie machines. hands down the ltr is my fav to ride it handles awesome.

don't be a hater once you start to ride one you will be hooked. they are hard to beat in the trails

Douglas

Edited by 450 killer
  • Like 1

Due to the closing of our local sand spots I'm in the process of parting out the banshee and keeping the LTR450. I wish I would have kept the last 250R I built but the ltr450 is no doubt the best 4stroke I have ever ridden. It's an 06 Vortex programmer, Curtis Sparks, and K&N. never had a problem with it. Low maintenance, no jetting etc and it's a blast to ride. Sits low and wide just needs a little +4 swingarm. It beats yfz's and Hondas with same bolt ons all day.

smart carb has claimed alot of shit. some of it is probly true and perhaps even alittle sugar coated to be more appealing to a customer. but still to this day people are having trouble with that carb, dont be fooled to think other wise. when something as simple as the tipover balls can malfunction and flood the crankcase resulting in blowing the reeds out, that meens theres still engineering work to be done.

the ktm 2t market is strong. stronger than its ever been. and its only getting better because ktm is still dumping money into future development.

Edited by registered user

burning oil and destroying the enviroment is the nature of the 2stroke beast, until someone comes up with a version that doesnt require adding oil to the gas and emission levels can compete with 4pokes...

someone said the LTR450 was shitcanned because of emission levels...or because of the ease of changing the factory tune or something, can somebody elaborate on that...why did suzuki have to take a hit

Unless somebody spends  a shit ton of money developing a modern bike that actually handles and has an injected 2 stroke they are history.  I still have and love my banshees as the sound and HP is addicting.  However the only bike that gets any real seat time is my YFZ450R.  Handles like a dream responsive and reliable. Fuck carbs, all carbs, injection all day.

burning oil and destroying the enviroment is the nature of the 2stroke beast, until someone comes up with a version that doesnt require adding oil to the gas and emission levels can compete with 4pokes...

someone said the LTR450 was shitcanned because of emission levels...or because of the ease of changing the factory tune or something, can somebody elaborate on that...why did suzuki have to take a hit

you hit the nail on the head on the ltr