Optimum carb size?

AZBIKE_460

So I was running the stock mikunis bored out to 31mm I believe, or whatever the max is. Anyways I'm so sick of the poor quality of the mikunis. So I had the opportunity to swap some 36mm keihin pwks and I'm wondering if they're too much for a non stroker/bored motor. Running cool head 18cc domes on 50/50 110/91. I like how much higher quality the keihins are I'm just wondering if they are too much for a stock bore/stroke? I might try and trade for some 33's. Running toomey t5's at the moment but I've been thinking of going shearer out of frame pipes.. Just wondering If the toomeys will be able to pull a strong enough to not absolutely destroy my bottom end? I'm pretty sure the bike they came off of is a stroker. Not and alc bike as well

No, it has a +4 swingarm, +3 on the axle and like +4-6 by on the a arms depending on if I run the offset wheels. I made it to be rideable but right on the edge. I just want the stronger wave from the pipes. Plus I love the sound of two strokes that aren't silenced. The shearer's seamed to be out of the way enough to ride. I could braze on extra mounts if necessary. Normally I'm on my dirt bike but from time to time I enjoy jumping on the old twin;)

Why would I ever choose to literally jump a banshee(a damn school bus rocket) in the dunes lol?!? Quads suck for jumping.. Especially in the dunes. Two wheels are much more pleasant. I can hit off camber lips without getting ripped off the bike when I land;) but yeah I meant to rip around on a twin smoker. It kills my knees and rips my arms off but how can you not want to rip around on a twin smoker every now and then? What sucks though is that I can jump on my bike and still rape most built banshees including mine. Feels so much faster than it is.. Which is the fun part. I want to be able to beat 450 bikes up the hills with the janshee

Haha why's it relevant? Am I being offensive? I'm not trying to be one of those annoying ass forum trolls.. I was just poking at you four wheel enthusiasts(of which I am one myself I just ride both). Anyways I'm 22. So let's get back on topic, am I going to actually have to do the math and see how much vacuum is necessary to run these carbs? I got these 36's off a banshee that my father bought to sell. Swapping all the parts that I want from it. I assumed it's a stroker cause it was ALL mid(CPI in frames) and even running ultra rich it wasn't lacking on the bottom too much at all. Stock jugs and head too. Head looks like it was decked and cut for o rings instead of a gasket. I know my crank is true and welded.. Idk if the other assumed stroker is welded though.. Ahh man soo much to think about and get done..

I really don't want this thread derailed over someone thinking I literally meant I want to throw out of frame pipes on a banshee and go jump it lol! Nor am I saying dirt bikes are factually better. It's all opinion. With that being said can we please stay on topic and help each other out, not just argue over nonsense?

Welcome to Banshee HQ.

Not sure if this will help but I ran 36 lectrons on a stock cylinder set up with no issues.

I'm sure other members will chime in as well. This is by far the best site for anything Banshee related. 

Once again welcome

Thank you for being helpful and actually following the original intend I believe forums are for lol! And that was helpful! I'm just wondering if I'm sacrificing too much bottom end on a stock stroke with toomey t5's. I know my stuff when it comes to two strokes and port timing/shape/scavenging and after what I would refer to as my ignorant days(first batch of hacked up cyls). I understand the importance of keeping port velocity up and not just hogging stuff out and narrowing the powerband for an extra couple hp up top. I'm just trying to find the right combo of parts and port timing for my application. Looking for the most linear powerband with the max hp possible without having an extremely narrow powerband

Nope guess not, all the metal taken away by my hand has been on smaller motors. Although God was guiding me down to the last .001" hah. Haven't had the time or money to do what i want with my banshee. Could have seen this coming a mile away... God damn is every forum filled with kids?! Instead of trading info and being helpful from an objective standpoint just troll and sit behind your screen playing keyboard cowboy? Out of this whole thread there was like two helpful and relevant posts. It amazes me how awesome people can be. Some real winners in the world ha. Thanks to the people who actually helped. Think 33's are more suitable to my application. For now 36's will do. Not going back to mikunis. I would rather throw a new crank in before going back to those damn mikunis which is probably what I'm going to do right now. Hope that extra shee has a 7mil crank. Whatever it had the 36's weren't too big.