JDS Customs phone number no more!

87sheerips

There's zero chance I can conduct business without a phone.

I rarely miss calls. I may tell them to call me back and leave their info on my voicemail, but in my line of work the customers will move on to the next guy if you don't stay on top of it.

I get a lot of jobs simply because I answer the phone.

What kind of a percentage do you think you could attribute to lost sales (if any) for not answering the phone? I can definitely sympathize with with what Erik is saying. I've not ran my own business but I have been in the service industry for quite some time. If the phones not ringing you're not making money. If you don't answer it I would think that there's probably a good amount of people that just move onto the next number and buy something else. Obviously this isn't your day job so you have to give the first guy your complete attention and I understand that. But when you started this business wasn't not a dream to be doing it at one point full-time?

Yea, Dave I dunno man.  There was a time where I thought I could take this full time, but I never had the balls to step out on my own in such a wishy-washy market where most people want stuff for "free".

There is not much money made on my end, this is more of a hobby that helps pay for some toy expenses and enjoy this sport.

I love designing and offering unique parts for the ATV and UTV market.  I do plan on working on this business even more in the future.

I would like to get a chop saw, stock tubing, tube bender, notcher and tig welder maybe plasma table at the house for fabricating tubular bumpers and roll cages.

Yes Skeet out of 4130.

But, that is an idea out in the future. My new job is going to hinder new developments.  I will be responsible for like $10M sales per year.  I have large shoes to fill.

Long story short, if I lose a little business by not answering the phone then so be it.  I don't get many calls so I don't think that is the case.

Also I dont have TIME to be talking to people a lot.  Another reason EMAIL FTW.  Sitting and watching a movie and catchng up on work FTW.

I get a lot of emails and some PMs.

Mostly just direct orders from the site which is what I spent all that time and money on building anyways lol.

Just responded to a Canadian client for a good sized order..... Been a customer of mine for like 5 years we have spoken maybe twice.  Initial biz all done thru email.

I am on point with Emails.

Embrace the technology my people lol.

Tyler is right, that if you don't' get back to "most" people quickly they will move on, especially if there is no established relationship already.

If there is already a relationship in place, the good customers will be patient for a reasonable amount of time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Email and land line phone is 90% of our business. Every big deal is documented through email

Keep on keepin on JD.

Exactly and thank you schmeves.

I am very timely with emails. 

I will take care of biz and make sure everyone is happy with their JDS experience.