Thoughts on getting an Advanced Timing Plate

ETR174

Well I finished my plate and got it mounted, out the stator on, put the flywheel and key on and set the coil pick up and I am impressed! I weight 200lbs and I was putting around my backyard blinking 1/4 throttle and the acceleration is tremendous! I was popping wheelies like crazy! Here's a video of me revving it. I had to adjust my air screw a tad but it is all good now. I hold it WOT in neutral and it revvs all the way to top end in only a second, no bogging or spuddering. Also helps idle.

Also I've been meaning to ask this, the right exhaust doesn't put out smoke when it gets around 3/4 throttle. When the RPM's drop it starts to smoke again and smokes at idle. No backfiring or anything so is this something with my carbs?

It's burning better up in the RPM's could be a few different reasons but if it sounds like it's firing ok and doesn't have a bad looking plug I wouldn't worry.

Ever watch videos of drag bikes that just make a 20 foot cloud at the line but once it's wide open it's burning pretty clean.

Hmmm the left one smokes as it goes down. Well I pulled the plugs to check on them and the right plug got fouled because I was running the air screw too rich. So I put new plugs in and now the right cylinder isn't even firing. I put my hands behind the exhaust and the left exhaust is nice and warm but the right is cold. It only smokes and is warm at 1/2 throttle so I am going to take the carb apart and clean out the pilot and main and see if it changes. I should take a look at my reeds too.