Thoughts on getting an Advanced Timing Plate

ETR174

I understand trying to save a buck, but i never understood this "mod".. Timing plates are too cheap to even fuck with this.

Actually the stock one seems very stiff. It's aluminum, right? I mounted it somewhat up. I gotta clean up the holes. The one holding that sensor needs to be cleaned up. My drill's battery died so I put that on the charger so I'm done for the night. I will give more details tomorrow.

Lawn season is over. A little motivation and you would of had it easy. Now if you wanna make banshee/tool monies you are gonna have to shovel that snow. Frigg that! Haha

I snovel snow and do other random tasks during the winter. Just is my plate good enough to run? I want to buy a Vapor system for $90 when I get paid but not if I have to spend $40 for a timing plate.

I think you could salvage that, but it doesn't even look like the holes are ovaled. Just the face all ground on. You might just be money ahead buying one. Few bucks at the local hard ware could get you the right burr to put in that air tool you pirated.

I think you could salvage that, but it doesn't even look like the holes are ovaled. Just the face all ground on. You might just be money ahead buying one. Few bucks at the local hard ware could get you the right burr to put in that air tool you pirated.

I didn't even get to drilling it out. That was just grinding it.

Hmm, the pick up. Yeah. Might as well have a crack at it and see how she goes. All in sacrificial research.

Alright thanks for your help Tricked, hopefully I will have everything in tomorrow and I can start her up. Also I just want to check, if you can spin the flywheel by just your hand but it takes a little push, does that mean the compression is low?