tranny issues

Hi guys I'm new to the banshee world, I recently bought a 2003 banshee, when I first started riding it putting it in neutral was tougher than one of my friends banshees. I was riding on a gravel road, I came to stop, went to take off and it died as if the tranny was bound up, for five minutes I tryed and couldn't get it into nuetral. I was able to put it into 3rd gear and limp it home. On the way home I down shifted into 2nd and the rear tires locked up and it died.shifting into 1st and 2nd gear is very tough. Haven't had a chance to drain the tranny oil and see if there is metal shaving in it. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a broken or bent shift fork and the repair is hard to guess on. You able to tear the motor out yourself and get it apart? If so the repair will be much cheaper

First off...this is 2014....the word "tranny" has a whole nother meaning in todays age....

Please refer to it as a transmission...

For example...if a customer walks into my shop and says "I blew my tranny last night" firsr thing I would do is call him a sick fuck...

Anyway...sorry to disrupt...carry on!

• Like 1