Banshee Gas Mixture

It is purely a matter of balancing performance versus longevity. I also run 32:1 ratio during the summer months when I am hard on the shee.

Also, take into consideration, if you wish to go to a mixture with less oil such as 40 to 1 or 50 to 1, make sure that you use a high quality synthetic oil. Also, remember that oil displaces fuel in you carberation, so switching from 24 to 2 to 40 to 1 can meen that you are now getting more fuel in you air to fuel mixture, and may therefore need to make jetting changes to get the carberation correct.

i just got some yamalube R 2 stroke oil what ratio i should use. It says in the manual 24:1 but i here people talking about 32:1 etc. any suggestions?

I ran yamalube 32/1 for over 4 years before I rebuilt the top end. just make sure your jetted accordingly. My crank looked pretty good too, welded it up and stuck it back in with all the stock bearings.

• 3 years later...
What do you mean 32/1....

The term 32/1 means 32 parts fuel to one part oil. I am sure this topic has been covered but it really depends on what breed of oil you are looking at. Ratios vary a bunch depending on composition. Please refer to one of our Q&A pages and scroll to oil questions.

http://mullengineering.com/t2.cfm?q=qna

http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/pdfs/fueltable.pdf

Brandon

Edited by blowit

^ i just eyeball it for 32:!

my jerry is 20 litres so i just look on te bottle and pick off 20-21 ounces and i shake it all up in the jerry

18.90 litres of gas mixed with 20 ounces of oil is 32:1 so i just dump in 21 ounces so its close enough