Jetting For Pro Circuits

02Shee

hello

i got my pro circuits platiums today and i need to know what jettin should i use. i also have a K&N and Vforce reed cage. im sea level so if any could help it would be greatly apperatied. so if you could tell me the main jet size , pilot jet size , needle clip spot, and air screw. thank you very much

Vinny

leave everything as is but for the main, your PC's should have came with a set, do a plug chop on fresh plugs i think you'll find it's nice and snappy, the PC's are not fuel/air whores like a Toomey or FMF, pro circuit recomends change the main only, both of my bikes with PC's have run great this way.......both with delta v-2's also

I am currently running the exact same setup with the addition of compression and timing.

Depending on the airbox lid setup,you'll be between 300-330 on the mains and about 1/2 to 1 turn out from bottom on the screws with 27.5 pilots

If your gonna run a full lid or vented one,you'll definitely need to move the needle,but not the 4th clip from the top?More like the 2nd.The V-force reed cages make the pro-circuits super rich in the mid.You want to raise the clip up one notch from stock which will drop the needle.

If you plan on running no lid,then don't hesitate to go 30 pilots and leave the needle in the 3rd clip(stock position.)

Like I said it all depends on your airbox setup.

I currently run 310mains/27.5pilots/needle 2nd clip from the top and 3/4 out on the screw

My airbox lid has a four 1 inch vents in it.Jetted for 60-90v degrees

leave everything as is but for the main

Right O....a good friend of mine is running your exact same setup but with a UNI. He bought the kit from ProCircuit. It came with & he's running 280's...very smooth, no surprises with the powerband...probably the smoothest hitting shee I've ridden. ;) But since you're in NY,...you'll probably need to go up on that,...perhaps 300's.

i got another queston i heard somethig about running 2 different jhet sizes in each carb like for example right side carb is 330 and left side carb is 335 is that true????

ALSO THANKS FOR TEH HELP DAM FED EX WAS HERE TODAY AND DIDN'T DROP IT OFF CAUSE THE BOX IS TOO BIG :angry:

VInny

also im gonna run no lid wit and outerware

i got another queston i heard somethig about running 2 different jhet sizes in each carb like for example right side carb is 330 and left side carb is 335 is that true????

ALSO THANKS FOR TEH HELP DAM FED EX WAS HERE TODAY AND DIDN'T DROP IT OFF CAUSE THE BOX IS TOO BIG :angry:

VInny

also im gonna run no lid wit and outerware

Same size jets in both. I've only seen triples run different jet sizes where the middle cylinder runs hotter than the other 2, but not on twins....I'd still try the needle in the 4th clip from the top. What will it hurt?? It'll either run better or worse, no inbetween, my shee ran better......I had a K&N w/ no lid..

I needed richer pilots on mine. The only pipe I've jetted that I'd recommend richer pilots....Sorry Deuce.. :P  I'd say 27.5 or 30 pilots, 330 mains at 30 degrees out, and 4th clip from the top on the needles....

thats cool Banch, both my bikes run fantastic, crisp as can be and chop reads perfect, im at a diff elevation than you, and like ive allways said my weak ass pro circuits arnt fuel or air whores....i went with what they recomended and it worked, or you can bet id bring my needles and pilots up.......tried upping my needles once and shee ran like shit......

I needed richer pilots on mine. The only pipe I've jetted that I'd recommend richer pilots....Sorry Deuce.. :P  I'd say 27.5 or 30 pilots, 330 mains at 30 degrees out, and 4th clip from the top on the needles....

thats cool Banch, both my bikes run fantastic, crisp as can be and chop reads perfect, im at a diff elevation than you, and like ive allways said my weak ass pro circuits arnt fuel or air whores....i went with what they recomended and it worked, or you can bet id bring my needles and pilots up.......tried upping my needles once and shee ran like shit......

But you have porting, don't you Deuce??? Well, I can't be perfect at EVERY shee out there. I can only post what worked best on my shee in my area w/ my mods...These are only starting points, and everyone should always jet their shee to what their shee likes....Like I've said before, trial and error, its what YOUR shee likes!!!! :D Jetting is an art, not a bible....

one has stock topend(currently being turned into a +4 stroker) with reeds no air lid, pc pipes the other trinity top end with deltas aslo no lid, both run great, the air back east has to be real moist, out here in the cali desert its dry as a bone....none the less i would go with PC'S recomendation then play with the needles and pilots from there

I know this is kinda off the topic but how do you guys like your Pro Circuits? I'm kinda torn on which pipe to get and I found a really good deal on a set of PC platinums. I'm trying to decide between a set of T5's or the PC's...I like the sound of the smoothness in the PC's, but I also like what I hear about the punch the T5's pack...Any suggestions? I ride mainly trails and a few open fields so whatever would apply best is what I'll aim for. THANKS guys!!! :)

phew! its good to be back on the HQ. computer power box fried.

With air box mod in 60 degree temp i have 300mains,needle in stock position,stock pilot and airscrew turned out 3/4. Temp drops it will be 310-320 with 27.5 pilots. I cut a 1.5in piece off on my airbox lid and dont have reeds yet.