Soon to be proud owner...what did I get myself into

The good thing about buying the Banshee now before the summer vacation is that I will be home so I can get things shipped to myself and bring everything back to Dubai with me. I would assume the engine would be the first thing to tackle? Or get everything setup up first(suspension package and shocks) and get a feel for the bike before doing an engine overhaul? This is the first quad I have ever owned and although I wanted a dirtbike my aging body and injured parts would not do me well when I crash and burn. So, although the Banshee is a quad, it rips and has the exciting feel of something more then just an ATV...right?

Welcome to BHQ forum. Alot of good people here, who can help you.

:headbang:

I'd highly recommend calling these guys. They'll put you out front of your buddies and make a reliable bike.

Great customer service.

http://redlineracing.biz/

Sent from a van down by the river

I second that!!

You have lots of choices. I like the +4mil stock cylinder engines. Very reliable and make plenty of HP for most folks. Enough to handle stock raptors easily. Might consider a +6 swing arm. Modded transmission. Talk to builder about setting it up for pump gas or race gas. The list of mods seems to be endless for these bikes. Enjoy!

+4 crank......400$

Port cylinders.... 400-500$

carbs......400$

head....200

pistons...... 200-300

replace clutch....

longer a arms..... 500-700$

elka stage 3's...... 1500$

longer swinger +4..... 600-800?

paddles and smoothies.......600$

adjustable timing plate......  80$

v force reeds.....200

Trans mods.... ? Don't know what it runs but would have someone else do it

I'd say this is a mild build but well within the 5k range.

You have lots of choices. I like the +4mil stock cylinder engines. Very reliable and make plenty of HP for most folks. Enough to handle stock raptors easily. Might consider a +6 swing arm. Modded transmission. Talk to builder about setting it up for pump gas or race gas. The list of mods seems to be endless for these bikes. Enjoy!

This is the UAE we are talking about. They have REAL raptors over there. 5k will build a basic dune setup for that area. But he will find himself behind lots of raptors.

This is the UAE we are talking about. They have REAL raptors over there. 5k will build a basic dune setup for that area. But he will find himself behind lots of raptors.

This is true. The sickest sand rails are out there too. If your not twin turbo piped into a blower pumping nitromethane, you suck and should be ashamed.

YA, everything is about the best and fastest in the UAE...money is no issue and the don't hesitate to spend it. Most of the Raptors have the power Commander, exhaust, K&N air filters and some have the bore or some other engine mods. The point of my build is obviously to beat these Raptors but primarily I am not about a pissing contest to see who can drive the fastest in a straight line. I want something that is a blast and a maniac for burning up, around, thru the air, and just plain have a great time slinging it through the dunes. If I can build a Banshee that can do that and beat these buggers in a straight line....I won't argue. ;)

YA, everything is about the best and fastest in the UAE...money is no issue and the don't hesitate to spend it.

Our fuel is $4/gal now and heading up.... soon you'll all be able to ride blistering-fast Banshees and have them all chromed and gold plated. :pirate:

I was unable to go this weekend to pick it up as the guy was unavailable. As I said it is a stock 2006 Banshee with only a T5 exhaust and filters and the frame looks really clean. Now there is another One, a 2005 Banshee that has a big bore kit and some other mods but it desperately looks like it needs new tires, suspension kit. Apparently it has just been rebuilt with 2 hours on it and I know the shop where all the work has been done. I will be visiting it this weekend. What would be a better choice, go for the 2006 stock with clean frame (that I will throw a big bore on) or go for the Banshee with big bore already (he has all the paperwork on the parts & labor)? The price between the 2 is $1000 more for the big bored Banshee.

What are your opinions on the 2 choices?