Gas in oil

gasmask34

A leak down will tell you all you need to know. There is a thread here that tells ya how to make one and do it properly. If it passes the leak down, I would say it's leaky carbs and the seal on the clutch actuator is toast.

Oh, this place loves some grammar!

carb overflow plumbed into the trans breather, gas thins the trans oil and you go faster

old racer trick

........and he didn't like MY sarcasm. LOL

Thanks

A leak down will tell you all you need to know. There is a thread here that tells ya how to make one and do it properly. If it passes the leak down, I would say it's leaky carbs and the seal on the clutch actuator is toast.

Oh, this place loves some grammar!

blocked overflow and knackered float valve will fill your transmission up with gas over time quite nicely especially if you don't turn off the fuel. 

that would be my first thing to be checking also a little fuel goes a long way when mixed you don't need a lot to make the oil smell of "gas" 

:)

• 2 months later...

it was a busted crank seal.

does he have a line running from the tank to his tranny?

Otherwise for gas to "fill" up the tranny he would have to have a busted crank seal possible jetted super rich to allow gas to pool up at the bottom of his cylinder (I dont even think that is possible) and seep into his tranny. Or maybe he has a fuel pump that pumps into the cylinder and the seal leaks pushing it into the oil.

If its coolent its probably the water pump seal. If its gas goodluck figuring that out.