What Should I Do?

Ultimateduner

When I was looking for pipes for my bike I wanted orinally to have Fmf sst, but because I don't have that much money I am going to go with the Fmf fatty. Should I go ahead and buy the fatty or should I wait and get the sst? Are they the same or is the sst worth waiting for?

I am running Fattys on my bike currently, And I like them alot for the mixed riding that i do. An SST pipe will give more top end power, but when compared to a fatty, you will lose the lower end of the midrange that the Fatty provides. It's not much, and I don't know what kind of riding you do....

I am running Fattys on my bike currently, And I like them alot for the mixed riding that i do.  An SST pipe will give more top end power, but when compared to a fatty, you will lose the lower end of the midrange that the Fatty provides.  It's not much, and I don't know what kind of riding you do....

Boony, I rode 2 different shees w/ the sst's. I think they have a lot more low end then the fatties. My friend threw his sst's on and put 30 pilots in and it sucked on the low end. I convinced him to go back to the stock pilot since his air screws were liking the 3 turns out badly. Since then, his is instant powerband at the touch of the throttle at low rpms....you think the one you rode might have been off on the jetting???

i had a set of gnarlys they are the same as the fatties and i liked them allot i just wanted more on top so i traded them out for a set of rocket inframes and they f-n rock. but any way the fmfs are nice pipes i would go ahead and get the fmf fattys that way you can still do porting down the rode if you choose cuz i herd the sst's suck ass after you port your motor.

from your name it sounds like you ride in the dunes. I would sugest that you get either cpi inframes because those are great with porting or the new t-6. I have t-5's and those are one of the most popular sand pipes around and from what I have heard about the t-6 those sound even better. The cpi's are something that I have never personally experianced but I heard that they are better than tommeys. Just what I have heard. The sst and the fatty are more intended for trail ridding rather than nice smooth fast dunes rides where you are more on the pipes in higher rpms.