I want to go faster, need ideas.

Here is what I got now, 2004 with toomey t6 pipes, stock welded crank, bored 1mm "65mm", ported stock cylinders, pro x31k pistons, stock timing, stock airbox, tors all intact and stock carbs. I really don't want to bore it any more and don't want to replace the crank, not a millionaire either. I ride dirt trails and no sand, what can be done to wake it up some more and what numbers could I expect? My thoughts were a cool head but not sure which one to get or domes, air box mod, timing plate and jetting? Would this be a significant difference?

First I'm trying to get familiar with the site and doing so on my phone because my laptop stopped working, 2nd I'm trying to get advise about enhancing my motor instead of help figuring out what certain parts are speced at, 3rd if there was a delete post which o looked for first I would do so, and final you could just point out what I'm doing wrong instead of being a dick. Thanks to all trying to help and to all that wants to find something wrong go supervise the shout box

My setup is stock crank with 65mm cylinders that are ported and that's it, that's the reason for this thread to update what exactly is done to my bike after I tore it down, I can build it myself but was hoping to find some old school guys that really know how to match head work with timing and jetting. I am in the process of buying another motor to build this summer from crank up while still getting to ride my bike with decent power.

Port work was done by piper performance, domes are greek to me, I have a kx 250 and 125 plus a kfx 450 and all I have had to do is deck the heads and put them back on, I don't know the difference between a 18mm or 21mm dome except for the obvious 3mm difference and couldn't tell you if that's measured in height or width or what it does exactly. If its height I would assume the higher the mm the more compression and if its width I would think the higher mm would mean more flow. I dont want. To just hand it to a builder to do it all for me, I want to know what I'm doing and how things work to keep building it better

Good luck.

This.

All I read is " I don't have the money to do it right".

99% of the DIY crowd do it because they can't afford to do it right. ..of course this is shrouded by the statement " I want to learn it myself ...blah blah blah". But if that were truly the case , they'd be reading books on expansion pipe theory and two stroke theory ,among others.

This mentality tends to end up costing more in the long run.

The last 1% that truly educate themselves...thumbs up.

Sent from a van down by the river

I would put that thing back together and ride!

Reliable fast cheap <--- pick two ya don't get all three

If ya got some extra coin a timing plate at +4 is a good mod some vf4 would help and a nice set of domes and cool head would wake that thing up a lot

• Like 1

Budget Performance is a myth when you own a banshee.   If you want it to be fast you are going to have to either learn to remove the metal from the cylinders yourself or pay someone who has done it a lot more times.  Since your bottom end is done and want it wild buy a Cub cylinder setup and some 35 mil carbs and some decent pipes.   She'll be fast then.   Of course, it won't be a lot of fun on trails but how fast can you go on those anyway?

Ditch those pipes and it wont feel like a blaster, without seeing and degreeing your port work piper could have given u the pipe or was smoking it. You can go broke saving money . Nothing is cheap and unless you have understanding of a 2 stroke motor , how to jet and read plugs there is gonna be a serious learning curve. If its a trail bike your already ported, piped should be fine if its slow porting or tuning is fucked up

Port work was done by piper performance, domes are greek to me, I have a kx 250 and 125 plus a kfx 450 and all I have had to do is deck the heads and put them back on, I don't know the difference between a 18mm or 21mm dome except for the obvious 3mm difference and couldn't tell you if that's measured in height or width or what it does exactly. If its height I would assume the higher the mm the more compression and if its width I would think the higher mm would mean more flow. I dont want. To just hand it to a builder to do it all for me, I want to know what I'm doing and how things work to keep building it better

. Do you want to know how to measure your domes? People will explain if they think your worth there time :)

Damn, therw are some true assholes on here, if your not going to say something useful then stay off my thread, go brag about your bike that someone else built for you, and to that piece of shit judging me and acting like I'm poor its a good thing your doing it behind your keyboard, sounds like someone got butt hurt and now has all his buddies cosigning for him, I'm an ace mechanic for mercedes and have built tons of two stroke bikes, I can figure out this motor too, its fucking two stroke!!!! Its not rocket science, no wonder all the good oldschool guys are gone and now its flooded with a bunch of losers talking about going fat chicking and cougar hunting instead of what the forum is for, pathetic, I guess I see why you have 40 yr old virgin as your avatar.

Damn, therw are some true assholes on here, if your not going to say something useful then stay off my thread, go brag about your bike that someone else built for you, and to that piece of shit judging me and acting like I'm poor its a good thing your doing it behind your keyboard, sounds like someone got butt hurt and now has all his buddies cosigning for him, I'm an ace mechanic for mercedes and have built tons of two stroke bikes, I can figure out this motor too, its fucking two stroke!!!! Its not rocket science, no wonder all the good oldschool guys are gone and now its flooded with a bunch of losers talking about going fat chicking and cougar hunting instead of what the forum is for, pathetic, I guess I see why you have 40 yr old virgin as your avatar.

You mad brah?

Btw, by your response I can tell I hit the nail on the head.

Sent from a van down by the river

• Like 2