New Build

shee1992

24cc domes with 110 gas? ahh thats a big no for starters, with 24cc's you can run 89 octane

We're talking about a motor with 4mm more stroke and 68mm bore. The exhaust is probably lower then most cubs wich in my experience puts it at about 155-170psi with 24cc domes, depending on a few variables. Do you run a shop or something? Because you don't seem to have a grasp on the particular cylinder were talking about.

YES STROKE DOES MATTER! It is increased volume being compressed in the combustion chamber. Please stop being a fucking BAFOON!

Edited by trickedcarbine

We're talking about a motor with 4mm more stroke and 68mm bore. The exhaust is probably lower then most cubs wich in my experience puts it at about 155-170psi with 24cc domes, depending on a few variables. Do you run a shop or something? Because you don't seem to have a grasp on the particular cylinder were talking about.

Pfffffff impossible. Stock heads are 23. How can the compression be higher? Gonzo just went over that.

I machine a few parts, a 2mil increase in stroke does make a difference as long as the exhaust port timing is the same as a stock cylinder if its a little higher than stock now you are losing the advantage you speak of, he must be running a 9 degree piston with a 6 mil offset, losing more of the advantage of saying its a big bore, he is running a slightly thicker base gasket which will not help, I believe his trapped volume is not as much as you think, unlike you I may be off and will gladly appoligize, if he will tell us his total exhaust duration we could narrow it down to a couple pounds

I will run some numbers at work and see what I come up with, I have measured 4-500 domes in my life and have not found to many that are the size they say, I am a machinist that makes my own parts so if they are wrong they are remade to the exact size thats needed, you will not ever find me soliciting work from anyone on here or telling anyone they are a dumb fuck, and I certainly do not purchase parts and bolt then on hoping they are whats advertised, I run a 66mm bore 4 mil and its for shear speed, it is for tracks like Daytona or Bonneville, so anything over 155-165 psi I would not do, getting 95HP with lower compression is much more fun, but I'm not a drag racer and never ever blow things up I stopped doing that in the 80's

Yeah, you think those will be safe for pump on a 4mil serval? Or should he just go back to the stock head? Make it a sleeper?

I wouldnt try to make anything a sleeper. One run and people will know what's up. Word gets around etc. Plus it's pretty lame trying to play mods off that are there.