Beadlock rim sealing tricks?

uman1030

Trying to put on my ITP Holeshot HD's onto My Hiper Tech 3 rims and on the fronts, beadlock side, i can not seem to get them to seal well. Any tricks im 0 for 2 so far in getting them to seal? Im trying not to over tighten them since i read they are fairly easy to strip but at these torque specs(9-11ft/lbs) im having no luck. Ive removed the bead ring multiple times and made sure it looks good, cleaned the surfaces and sprayed them down with soapy water. i can see the bubbles created by the rim leaks and im half tempted to just crank down the bolts near them but as i said i read they strip easily so i havnt, yet...

We usually put  a little of black silicone but just a little or you are gonna get a mess and we have had luck but is true these wheels are shit even you putting the recommended torque by the manufacturer they still can get cracked. I sold my Tech 3 because I was really tired of dealing with this thing. I'm going now with some douglas wheels, I'm gonna get them powder coated and let see how it goes with them.

I would not exceed the 9-11ftlbs! I had a problem with onr tire that the bead was not the best.. Just took some hi temp silicone that i had lying around and just rubbed a thin layer around the bead of the tire. Problem solved. Make sure when your putting the ring on your tightening in a cross pattern.

• Like 1

Those fuckers strip WAY easy...till im done with the torque sequence I bet I go around the rim 30 fucking times...I always use a little grease on the o ring. ...I have not had any sealing issues that wasn't o ring related (reusing them)..but I did crack a wheel once witch I thought was surprising but I JB welded it and it lasted the weekend...I always do 3 sets of torque to get to 11 though.....

Also the 12pt bolt sucks on the beadlock rings!. 3 different sockets all the correct size and all slip if i don't push super hard holding it onto the bolt, then they just slip less. Seems like all the sockets that are 12pt 3/8, have a taper on the tip of the socket and the bolt head also has a slight taper down to the 12pts so together with taper on socket and on bolt it leaves you with very little contact area between the socket and bolt when seated on the bolt fully..

Got them all sealed up and it was much easier then i anticipated. After i went and got a quality 3/8's 12pt socket that fit the bolts better(2 others I had were just too loose and began to slip when attempting to torque them.)

Undid the bolts around the beadlock ring, removed ring and inspected surface area. Blew it off with air and replaced ring torquing it in 2 stages 5lbs then 10lbs. After i looked i could see the ring wasn't evenly seated in some areas there was a tiny gap. I went to 11 lbs and it was fully seated evenly and held air perfectly. I just did the rest of them with 2 torquing stages 5lbs then 11lbs. So far so good no leaks and i didn't even use the bead sealer i bought with the socket.

They look pretty sweet im very happy. The Holeshot HD's are super thick, going to be a great trail wheel/tire combo