421 cub vs 421 serval

Just dropped my motor off at Redline to have Cam build a ported, race gas, 421 Serval.  Hoping to get a cross between a Serval and a Cheetah.  Excited to see what he comes up with...

I think you will be happy when he's done with it. I had an as cast Serval and over the winter I sent my cylinders to Cam to port. It was definitely worth it, it accelerates faster and doesn't fall off as fast on top. Im always racing my friend who has a KTM 450 dirt bike similar to KTM's enduro, and from a rolling start in 5th, we use to be neck and neck. When we raced this year, I was hands down faster after the porting! 

The last few Servals I read about they put inframe drag pipes on em. How would DMC's or pro circuits do on one? I agree the added stroke would give it more TQ. I think a 10Mill Serval on C12 with Snipers and 35 maybe 38 PWK's would make a great all around motor. Is a Lockup still needed on a Serval or you can get by with a better clutch/springs?

My concern with going any bigger than 421 is building too much motor for my chassis.  I primarily dune but at least a handful of times a year I hit up the local MX tracks on practice days.  I don't want to go any longer than the +4 setup I'm already running in the rear.  How far are you out on that 10mil?

I read somewhere that the Servals really like the drag pipes.  Someone did a bunch of dyno's with predominately mid range pipes to see if they could pick-up even more TQ.  From what I remember reading numbers actually went down. Maybe the builders out there can explain this. I think a lock-up would be pretty mandatory.  Cam's pump gas Servals are making 89HP with 50TQ. 

The last few Servals I read about they put inframe drag pipes on em. How would DMC's or pro circuits do on one? I agree the added stroke would give it more TQ. I think a 10Mill Serval on C12 with Snipers and 35 maybe 38 PWK's would make a great all around motor. Is a Lockup still needed on a Serval or you can get by with a better clutch/springs?

Just depends on your arm. But if you're building that motor and can't foot the money for the lock up on your clutch...... Well that's just half assin' it.

I have a +6 on my 10mil. I ran a fast clutch with heavy springs on the 4mil and it worked but I was eating up clutch plates pretty quick it seemed. I would go with lockup if I were you. Sprinklerman has a redline 4mil serval and I rode it at the dunes with my as cast 4mil. That redline serval was way way meaner than the as cast. It was a lot of fun. I would deff spend the money on some good port work

I have a +6 on my 10mil. I ran a fast clutch with heavy springs on the 4mil and it worked but I was eating up clutch plates pretty quick it seemed. I would go with lockup if I were you. Sprinklerman has a redline 4mil serval and I rode it at the dunes with my as cast 4mil. That redline serval was way way meaner than the as cast. It was a lot of fun. I would deff spend the money on some good port work

Is Sprinklerman's on race or did he stay with pump?