421 cub vs 421 serval

True.^ but I can run it on GOOD premium pump too.

I prefer the 100LL because of the extra lead in it and more cushion as far as anti-deto properties.

So did Cam build it as a ported pump gas setup and you just run the AV for extra protection?

So did Cam build it as a ported pump gas setup and you just run the AV for extra protection?

The porting is a touch more "aggressive" than a standard pump gas port. The domes and timing dictate the fuel requirements more than the porting.

My dad rides it and I figured a little more grunt would make it an easier ride for him to handle. So I run a little extra timing and 100LL. When I ran it on good premium pump , I backed down the timing some. But I prefer the setup on 100LL for no more than it costs over premium pump.

The porting is a touch more "aggressive" than a standard pump gas port. The domes and timing dictate the fuel requirements more than the porting.

My dad rides it and I figured a little more grunt would make it an easier ride for him to handle. So I run a little extra timing and 100LL. When I ran it on good premium pump , I backed down the timing some. But I prefer the setup on 100LL for no more than it costs over premium pump.

Smart.  I'm with you on the compression and timing.  Someone mentioned you had additional port work and I was just verifying it wasn't as cast.  Have you had it on a dyno?

• 1 month later...