Driveline 2 piece billet head

2sTrokeLove

probably that and using scrap alluminum drops maybe?  i mean why not.  i can buy drops from a local aircraft machine shop that uses 6061  the chunks are the perfect size for heads.

• Like 1

I was just posting a review of it, it's a great head for a descent price but blow it up lol... I didn't run those a arms at all they were cheap junk, and this didn't come with domes, so I didn't think 160 dollars was a bad price but my choice and it works great...

Edited by 2sTrokeLove

Like the whole shearer helped design the sniper or it looks like part this pipe and that pipe.... Who cares as long as it's a great product... Lol yeah I bought those a arms for cheap but I didn't end up running them... Anything else u wanna try to prove Phil? I'm sure a lot of people have bought stuff when it was cheap to try new things out but that's were the get what u pay for comes in... I knew what I was doing just wanted to try something new... Jeez lol

I'm not "proving" anything.

Just stating a simple constant in this hobby... " 9 times out of 10 , you get what you pay for".

I'm all for new things. .but shouldn't it be new, or at least re designed/ updated substantially? ...Instead of a smacking of a knockoff?

Here's my beef ( if it can even be called that).

We have hardworking and paying sponsors on here who provide great products for us to choose from....then people who use said forum,INSIST on buying a cheaper product from someone off of eBay that does nothing to support this forum. To save a couple bucks.

Seems a little funky if you ask me.

Kind of bugging the crap out of a builder with no intention of spending money with them.

Sent from a van down by the river

• Like 1

probably that and using scrap alluminum drops maybe? i mean why not. i can buy drops from a local aircraft machine shop that uses 6061 the chunks are the perfect size for heads.

Possible, but I hate to ruin it for the chariot folks, but jerry at chariot is definitely using scrap chunks for his stuff. Not a big deal if the piece is sound and large enough to cut the whole head from. However I bought the super duty head from chariot and there was a plug in the material right where the dome had to be cut. It sealed up fine for me, but I can't imagine a 3/4" round plug of aluminum being a good thing right in the dome of a nitrous motor. I'm game to try something new and driveline has been great to me so far so I would gladly try their head if it had some sort of garuntee
  • Like 1

Head is on the motor, it appears that the chunk of aluminum had a hole bored in it and a plug was made and pressed to fit or something. There is definitely a plug of some sort. I didn't notice it until the guy cutting the head saw it and pointed it out. To boot a few other issues needed to be sorted out but jerry made it right

We absolutely do not use scrap and there is not a plug in our superduty head.    Unlike most manufacturers of banshee billet we use manifold grade aluminum and that simply is the best quality available.  We use 6061 t6511 aluminum not not t6.  T6511 is artificially aged which gives it the extra hardness which it naturally gets with age.  If you take a pro design dome or head as well as others and stick a pointed object into the aluminum you will find it is much easier to remove material than on any of our parts.  Maybe some people want soft aluminum over their bores but not me. 

Look at any of my parts and tell me that you think I make it out of scrap!!!   Look at the quality of our finish and tell me that you can get that with using scrap or having plugs in the aluminum!!!   Stuff like this pisses me right off and I do not get mad easy.   I do not make up nonsense about my competitors so I don't expect customers to come on here and make up crap about my stuff.   Opinions are fine but garbage like this is just infuriating.  

Now for driveline products I have nothing bad to say and only mention this because someone decided to bring Chariot into this thread.  Lane at driveline is a very good friend of mine and hope he does well with any part he makes.  Chariot is not the only place making products in this sport.  If I have to share some of the market I would rather do it with a friend than someone I do not know.   As far as defending Lane there is no need.  He is a stand up guy and always will be.  I can guarantee you that he does not use scrap either.  Any person who says Lane copied Gigot is just out of the loop.  People try to make enemies of friends because they don't know they are friends.  Think about that a bit!! 

Back to our superduty head.  It was stated that a few other issues needed to be sorted out but that also is not true.  If this is the person I think it is they are a good customer and I hope to keep them as one but I have to respond to crap like this.   If you are a friend of Lanes then you are not doing him any favor by bashing Chariot (me) in his thread.  Anyone who knows me knows I am a stand up guy and everyone who knows Lane thinks the same of him.       

• Like 1