Thumb throttle assembly

lowidenfast

Came across this, by the time you tidy up a stock honda one (as most are in bad condition). You may as well get one of these, they come in silver or black..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Trx-450r-Trx450-Trx450r-Polished-Billet-Thumb-Throttle-Easy-Pull-Assembly-/230997313561?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c8834819

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came across this, by the time you tidy up a stock honda one (as most are in bad condition). You may as well get one of these, they come in silver or black..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Trx-450r-Trx450-Trx450r-Polished-Billet-Thumb-Throttle-Easy-Pull-Assembly-/230997313561?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c8834819

My dad had somethin similar on his 400 when he bought it. It was definatly a down grade from the stock housing. Definetly harder to push, an the extended lever was uncomfortable.

I also had one of them boysen shock grip deals or whatever they are that came with the throttle, and same story. Factory honda was better. IMO.

So the damn throttle assembly does not fit my handlebars.  My bars are 7/8 and I guess the assembly is for 3/4 bars.  It won't sit all the way down on the bars.  Going to try and grind it down a little to get a better fit.  If that doesn't work, I'll be back in the market for a thumb throttle

So the damn throttle assembly does not fit my handlebars. My bars are 7/8 and I guess the assembly is for 3/4 bars. It won't sit all the way down on the bars. Going to try and grind it down a little to get a better fit. If that doesn't work, I'll be back in the market for a thumb throttle

that's weird cause we use the oem throttle on the 1 1/8 bars do your bars not tapper down??

Sent using Iphone5 onTapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got my quad all put back together with the Honda 90 throttle housing & it's really stiff.  I lubed the cable and have double checked everything I know of - all seems to be in good order.    I know some guys cut a coil or two off of the springs in the carbs but I'd rather that be a last resort (and have extra springs on hand in case I fuck them up).  I read on a TRX forum where guys ditch the return spring in the housing altogether.  I may try that first.   Any suggestions?