Electrical please help

sugarshack81

Think I found the problem to no spark finally. I was checking all the wires for continuity from end to end. When I check the orange wire from the cdi to the ignition coil I didn't have continuity for a sec then it did, so it was shorting out. So I cut off the old connector on the orange wire and put on a new connector and plugged it back in to the + on the coil. I then reconnected at each junction kicked it over and what you know I have spark again. I haven't put the gas tank back on yet, so havent heard it run. I need to retape up the wiring harness before I put it back together. Once I lost continuity on the orange wire I started to untape certain sections just to make sure there was no corrosion or bare wires around the orange wire. I really hope this is all it was. Miss riding the banshee. Funny thing is if this is all it was I ordered a wiring harness for no reason. Found one used for $40 online for the same year model, suppose it wont hurt to have back up. Thanks for everyones advice and help. I will repost if its running and try to get a pic up of my banshee. Later headed back to the shop to put this thing back together.

So put everything back together kicked it over fired once and lost spark again. I'm hoping its just the connectors I'm using they were cheap. Going to try to put some better connectors on the orange and black wires going to the ignition. Can I use a test light to check the orange wire coming from the cdi to make sure its sending some kind of current to the ignition coil, i realy doubt its my cdi. This starting to be a pain. On a positive note I'm learning a lot about the banshee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

So I used new connectors and still no spark. I got another wiring harness I ordered and the connectors work to the cdi and stator but the connector to the dimmer/kill switch does not match up or the headlights. I would have to cut the wires and attach the old connector or just wire them directly. Not sure if I should try this out. The new harness has the key switch bypassed. I have a new ignition coil which is generic brand thinking of connecting the old oem coil one back. I also have a cheao pick up coil I haven't put on yet. The old oem pick coil omhs test is a litle higher than the new one.

Yes youcan use test light to check for signal to coil. Last intermittent spark issue I had was a bad ignition coil. Would work fine one day and give hell the next. I tried like hell to track it down until coil quit all together.

I used a test light on the orange wire coming from the cdi and it lights up when I kick it over. When I connect the harness back I tested the end of the orange wire that goes the the coil and it will not light up. So I connected my back up harness and same thing I get signal directly from the cdi but not when I hook up the harness.

My banshee finally started. I built a new harness and it works great. When I get time I'm going to post everything I did and how I made the new harness. I learned a lot and hopefully I can help someone else out. I appreciate everyone that commented and gave me suggestions. So I'll post later, Right now I'm putting everything back together so I can go ride today.

• 2 weeks later...