Chariot Billet Carbs!

1/4 28 like clippard

packard uses a mnv-1kp so you can run a 5/32od dump tube. It comes 1/8 npt but it wont fit a lectron so they get turned down. Forget the size right now. If you could use the 1/8 pipe it would be easier. Just a thought.

Not all the carbs will have the powerjet hole drilled but they will all have a starting point for drilling.  We are using the bolt on cap for two reasons.  The larger carbs won't use a stock cap and the problem I see with the cap is the rubber compresses so much you really can not keep your slide height equal each time you remove the cap.  A gasket only compreses a couple thousand of an inch.  The biggest reason for the bolt on cap is so the powerjets have all the clearance they need.  Our powerjets will be  a little taller than others but will be the best option by far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Keihin has the 28mm PWK's, then a large 5mm diameter jump up to 33mm PWK's.

Then there's the OKO 30mm Keihin Knock-Offs that I refuse to buy.

So something in the 30-31mm range would be sweet and I think it would fill a void in the aftermarket carb world that a lot of us "Play Bike" riders want/need...

Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

the bolt on tops are way better than the screw on  trust me.  your reasoning is dead on with the gasket issue..  plus the room to install the pj makes it even better.. 

a 30mm would be great for the "rider" guys.  i liked the 28mm bored to 30's a lot on my old trail bike.  

• 3 months later...