Chariot Billet Carbs!

cool. i been wanting to throw this lectron in the trash for some time now. whos gonna make the over size bowls for methanol ? what about methanol needles ? will these work with fuel pump ? needing something for 500cc single to replace a lectron

Jerry makes his own oversized bowls already.

We will likely have a right and left for the idle screw.  I may have both holes but plug one, have not decided.  We are gonna leave the thread in needle retainer just because we want to be able to use pwk parts as much as possible.  This gives people an option to purchase just the main assembly from us and use their current pwk parts for a savings.  Of course this will work only on our 35 and 38 mm models.      

nice carbs!.  i always felt the pwk was a great carb with a few issues.  looks like a bolt on top section. ( nice)   if the billet bowls have the overflows ( of curse) and the larger nuts might be something worth looking into..  i'm really hoping the slides are chromed or at least plated ( i'll pm you my idear) 

no matter what  these will be a nice part. coming from chariot for sure.    the larger cc crowd i think will like these the best  the cr500's kx 500'

s and other larger 250r based i feel have needed a 44+mm carb for a long time..   plus dont forget about outlaw carts..  

• Like 1

The 35 and 38 models will have screw on tops interchangeable with the pwk at least as they are drawn now.  I may change that since I never liked the screw on tops.  I always thought one was tighter than the  other making my carbs out of sync.  Now that I think about it I will change the drawings and make the smaller carb with a bolt on top as well.

The slides will be either anodized or chromed.  I don't know any reason why the chrome would be better, it is actually softer than anodizing.  Chrome on aluminum is anyway because it is "soft chrome" by necessity.  

• Like 1

I have some really cool mods on tap for these carbs as well but we are gonna wait till they are ready to sell before we divulge those mods.  The dump tube has some design attributes which those who want to tinker will love.  These dump tubes will also be interchangeable with current pwk's. 

We are finalizing the designs right now.  We will have slip in needle jets like Mikuni with all the various sizes available.  That means you can tinker with the performance of the needle jet for cheap.  We will have slip in needle valve assemblies ranging from 1.6 to 4.5 in size.  They are from a Mikuni HSR carb.  There will only be two bowl vents like the pwk not a quad vent.  The quad vent has just two passages anyway.  If needed or desired a y fitting can run two hoses making it the same as a quad vent in function.  The base carbs are 35/39/44/48/54.  All the base carbs can have a bore size smaller so all sizes in between can be had.  We will start out with air stryker style fins on the intake of the bore.  They are designed a bit different but for the same function.  Of course we will have some without the fins for those who want.  All carbs will have a spot center drilled for a powerjet straight down from the top.  Carbs will be available with the hole drilled and tapped as well.  All the tops will be bolt on not screwed on.  All the slides will be chromed.  There will be plenty of stock for those who want to put a powerjet in sideways.  I will try to get more pics up Tuesday.

• Like 1