Waste of time....?

GOAT

New serval kit about $1175.00. Porting $ 250-350

4mm hot rods crank 450.00

Better bearings. 80.00

Total price new approx $ 2000.00.

If you are interested in mine I can save you a nice chunk of money. Like I said I'm considering a more drag oriented setup is only reason I'm thinking about selling.

Sent from a van down by the river

Thanks for the offer sprinklerman... I really just feel like 90hp for the moment, is just way to damn much. Aswell as Id like to build the damn thing myself.

Any reason not to go 4mil, stock head, .30 over cylinders with a mild porting? I feel like that's a goode base for me but what do I know...

Also would like to keep it on pump gas.. Any reason not to? Only reason is its quite a drive from where I am at to our closest race gas distributor.

Thanks for the offer sprinklerman... I really just feel like 90hp for the moment, is just way to damn much. Aswell as Id like to build the damn thing myself.

Any reason not to go 4mil, stock head, .30 over cylinders with a mild porting? I feel like that's a goode base for me but what do I know...

A 4mil stock cyld motor is a great setup. Contact some sponsors and explain your wants and needs then decide from there.

Also would like to keep it on pump gas.. Any reason not to? Only reason is its quite a drive from where I am at to our closest race gas distributor.

nope, unless your competitively racing and want to squeeze every last pony out of your motor, no real reason to use alky or race gas...most banshees are on pump gas

Thanks for all the help! Ive learned a ton in the last three days lurking around. Plus all the quick reply's/ help makes it that much easier. Its almost frustrating to think Im just now getting around to a banshee. As it seems almost to.. easy to rebuild these things,I will soon find out. Only other question I have for the moment is how on earth do you tell what year it is... Havent found a tag on it, nor flpped it up to check the VIN. Block says something to the sort of "3GGC..."  

Either way, pretty good snow fall over the last 24hrs. So stuck here lurking and pestering you fellas with questions for the next day :)

10th number is the year.

1-9 is 01-09

A-Z (minus a few letters is everything else)

I have the chart at home. But assuming your in the states, chances are slim you have anything over an 06 unless some one paid a shit load to ship it from another country. Or you have an oem replacement with no vin.

So get the 10th letter or number and you can easily find out.

A: 1980

B: 1981

C: 1982

D: 1983

E: 1984

F: 1985

G: 1986

H: 1987

I: not used

J – 1988

K: 1989

L: 1990

M: 1991

N: 1992

O: not used

P: 1993

Q: not used

R: 1994

S: 1995

T: 1996

U: not used

V: 1997

W: 1998

X: 1999

Y: 2000

Z: not used

From 2001 through 2009, numbers were used to designate a vehicle's model year.

So what is this about what needs to be done to a cylinder for the 4 mil rotating assembly? Ive read of running the spacer etc... Now, basicly what Im reading is telling me is.. The reason people send there heads out for port work is to... Change "port timing?" For the stroker crank? What if I don't do that? Will It still work?
They also say the head needs milled... How much? And why? If I will be running a factory head... In my mind... That would raise compression and maybe put me into the realm of running race gas, which.. I do not want to do... If I cant run just a fresh set of cylinders ontop of a 4 mil crank without some special machining or.. "port work" I think Ill stay stock stroke.....