Waste of time....?

GOAT

The rear subframe looks bent upwards. Pretty common when the bike goes flopping down a hill. The rear 16" should be straight. Also, check the upper steering stem hoop. It's common for it to get bent downward. If it's hard to get the gas tank out, it's definitely bent. Unbolt the upper steering stem plastic bushing. If the steering stem springs forward, that's another sign that the hoop is bent. Check the welds on the triangle shaped gusset for the hoop. It's common for them to crack. Make sure all your plastics fit properly. If you're going to powder or paint the frame, cut off all the unneeded brackets first.

Frames not bent, rear grab bars only bolted on by 2 of 4 bolts and the 2 are loose-ish. Stem hoop was untouched.. only scratched from plastic rub. Only thing that had any wear was the underside, which is likely from rocks. I live near Disney/ Grand lake Oklahoma. Great wheelin/ rock crawling territory. Horrible for your sport atv. Kind of why I almost bought the 700xx, pretty much need the ground clearance. Fun to run the shell rock and hill climbs but fuck.. The rocks will kill low slung atvs.

As far as extra tabs point them out.. I got it with the motor out and other then engine repair and appropriate mods. Everything else is pretty much straight forward, except the extra tabs.. that I don't know, are extra.. if that makes sense. Updates tomorrow. I painted the frame shit brown yesterday just to see if I could make myself like it.. not to shabby. Shits starting to trickle in.. Nothing that's going to make the bike move though. Ill get my cub head Friday. So theres a upside to bullet #2. Stay tuned.

wow  if thats out of a compression tester.  thats scary...

mattoon machine has a nice anodized billet basket, and all the small engine bolt kits you would need.

you should be able to find a decent pro design head or preferably NOSS cool head.  the OEM impeller will be just fine in that motor.  they are actually one of the best water pump setups i think.  new bearing and seal IF it needs it and your good to go. 

just get a k+s seal kit and cometic top end gaskets with OEM clutch cover gsket.. or just OEM crank seals ....   then use a new o-ring set IF you get a prodesign head shell  you will need studs also.i believe a chariot head would be just fine too.  

porting is a whole nother thread.