Starting issues..

Dahz

Ok well today i went out to get my banshee from getting a broken choke replaced. When he started up it took him like 50 + kicks. he said that im running to rich of 2 stroke oil. Is 32:1 that rich or what should i go to I was thinking of 40:1. but i don't know... any help ? btw i have a 91 banshee with a 421 stroker kit on it. Also my banshee is in a really tight spot where I cant move it and want to start it but i don't know if its neutral... does anyone know any easy way to get it in to neutral like a pattern like go all the way down the up or something like that? Thanks guys.

Neutral is in between 1st and 2nd gear.

Sent from my iPhone using

All the way down and then half a click up.

Sent from my iPhone using

y shift lever is to sensitive thats why i kept on going straight to second from first... Thanks

I thought it was informative. Im just curious how you own a banshee and you don't know where neutral is or if its in gear. I can tell your new around here so just alittle bit of advice , we're all narcissistic ass holes just some more then others. Pretty sure its a requirement to be a banshee owner.

Sarcasm? for the op you mechanic sounds horrible. 32:1 is fine and has nothing to do with hard start. list carbs,jets, filter type and location. probably pilot jet wrong

ok i got it started what i did was i held the clutch in i pushed the throttle all the way it started in two kicks. i ran it for a little but it stopped running. I started  it again heard a loud pop sound backfiring. did it again heard it again don't want to try it again should i? what can cause the popping sound (backfiring)  when starting ??

a while back my timing ingnition thing that's connected to the timing plate broke off and caused a lot of mayhem in that area. it made it where sometimes it would kickstart sometimes it wouldent and It eventually got to the point where it popped and ran like crap, it just completely changed timing at will, it ran the cylinders backwards once and caused it to drive in reverse.