What The Hell Is Going On?

2004LEBanshee

Ok so I rejetted it to 250 and changed the plugs. I let it run for a while so that the engine was hot to touch. Then I reved it a little and noticed that the left side was smokeing way more then the right and it was white looking. So is the engine messed up now right. :angry: I then put in the old plug and it still did it. I then took it for a ride and it ran like normal it had plenty of power, but it was still smokeing pretty good.

So I jumped in my car and drove to autozone while thinking about calling the cycle trader to sell this fucking thing. I bought a compression guage and new champion plugs. I got home and tested it and the compression in both cylinders is exactly the same about 106 I think. I thought it was supposed to be 110. So I put in the new plugs and started it for a few sec and they smoked the same, gave it throtle and they looked the same. So whats up?

Sorry about the long post but I am really mad and worried?

i don't have dual carbs but i would think the 260 would be a little big, or small, but i think the average is 300-330 i think, but my friend had this same problem with his blaster, i thought it was because he let it idle to warm up and it kept fouling the plug, we tried numerous plugs and checked the air filter, it was all ok, it turned out to be the choke was acting up, so check the air filter, plugs, choke tube between the carbs, and lastly if those don;t work put the old jets back in..good luck.

~Mark~

It totally depends on your mods and elevation. List your mods and approx elevation and somebody here will help. White smoke is generally a sign of being lean. You may have an air leak somewhere. I have pipes, dual pod filters, and am near sea level. I'm running 350's right now but it changes if I head up in the mountains or if the temperature changes.

2004LEBanshee

So have you ran a full tank thought it yet? If not Just go ride it. I bet it setup rich on jetting and you need to warm it up good with A Nice long easy to med fast speeds. I bet after that it should smoke as much,

But if you idle it for long time it can build up oil, With 32 to 1 mix