Girl bought a bike, motor = shot. Rebuild thread.

LCW

So girl bought a bike from a buddy, who happened to have got it from another guy. The bike was a 4mil on gas with a Herr Jugs motor in it. Well my buddy got the bike and trashed the trans day one. I ended up putting an override in it for him and all was good even on gas. He rode it for a while then decided to go to alky. I hooked him up with some carbs and put some new domes in. I dialed it in and he ran it for a while. He got tired of it and then my girl decided she needed it. She bought it in the back end of the summer so it didn't see much run time. We decided it needed a good cleaning and pulled the motor to proceed. As cleaning went on I decided to pull the intake to polish it up. Upon pulling the intakes I decided to have a look in the cylinders. One has some decent scoring and the other has no hatching. Soo, it's time for a rebuild! Here are some pictures for everyone to check out. Turns out it has the infamous 29L/R rods on a wang crank. Oh, and the guy that had it before my buddy decided to port the piston windows himself. banghead  Maybe that's why not even a year and a half later it needs completely rebuilt.

Scored up side piston. Note the awesome port job..

temporary_zps5fe77158.jpg

This piston actually almost looks worse than the scored side piston. Note where the burr got away from the ported and chewed up the piston.

temporary_zpse3470e9c.jpg

Scored cylinder.

temporary_zps3ea0393b.jpg

temporary_zpsc64319eb.jpg

Other cylinder.

temporary_zps8008ac02.jpg

temporary_zps4a02f43b.jpg

Exhaust side of scored piston.

temporary_zps3bc0186b.jpg

I beg to differ on the crank , ha e seen plenty fail and come outta tru all with hjr builds. Im not a guy that has one she and maybe rebuilds it once every two yrs I see a ton of she motors a yr . I

^^^7 am is a little early to be drinking, yea? Haha. Just messing with ya.

Sent from a van down by the river

Not really any updates as of now, not sure what path we want to go down. I know I'll probably keep it a 4mil. Since these stock jugs are at 66mm, I might fondle the idea of going to a cub. In the mean time going to get the bike apart and ready for powder!

I refunded him his money. The crank is not totally junk, it was pulled from a running bike. As far as using it for a new build I would not. He mistakenly comprehended that the crank was in perfect shape, when in fact it's not in perfect shape. If you have anymore questions about the situation feel free to contact me.