MY 1/8 time

aleyesonme

20 /8/10 american racer sd23 compound, I run 1/4 so gearing im not gonna be able to help much I know im almost tapped in 5th when I hit 1/8 just about to shift 6th , some clutch tuning to get 60ft down will let you carry the gear you have. That first 60ft dictates the whole run

There can be alot done to the clutch. Read brain's clutch turning theard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy note 3

Yeah i dis read it last night...............to much for my brain.......imma just do the best i can with the clutxh setup i have now....whichis howvi bought it......and i looked for those tires last night on ebyy couldnt find them.....where would i get them?

thanks so much all you guys...I really appreciate all the feedback...  im running 18.5 inch now....should I go with 19 inch or the 20 is my dilemma....which would u do....thanks....and that would be the last question I have...

IMO, I would keep your tires. You can easily go to a 19 front & change your rear sprocket to a 39 or 40. I will explain more this weekend.

I wouldn't say it's the absolute best but without a doubt the most popular is going to be the 20X8X10 American Racer in SD 23 compound. If you have enough motor to pull the gearing needed through the 1/8 mile with your small tire I'd agree with Bryan.

that's some great advice....even better if I understood..lol.  wouldn't a 18 38 be bout the same as 19 39....if not please elaborate...thanks

Your 18/38 is a 2.11 ratio. IMO from what you are describing you need around a 2.05 ratio. A 19/39 is a 2.05 & a 19/38 is a 2.00, both ratios would lower your rpm at the finish line. Got to go, but will elaborate more this weekend.

Sorry, I had a 19/40 as a 2.00 ratio. It was incorrect & I made the change to correct it in the post.