JDS Custom Swingarms now available!

87sheerips

side note on the sleeve... I may have to just keep them plain without text... also they would have to be full seam welded which may not be a good idea... That is still in the works....Or I can leave the text and rivet them into place after PC.

Ok, on your pinch bolt design.

Have you considered cutting out the extra material in the middle of the carrier (directly underneath JDS logo) instead of welding the entire piece the length of the carrier without sacrificing strength and integrity?

Essentially you would have (4) separate pieces to weld to the outside of the carrier housing instead of two solid pieces of 1/8" strap?

I only mention this because I feel if you were to do that, it wouldn't  take as much away from your logo. Your logo is one if not THE main attraction on your product. You want EVERYONE to know who made that SOB. No different than Wheelman, stellar, fireball, ect.....

Just a suggestion. Very impressed with the new swingers. Now just give more thought to your  a-arm idea ;)

Ok, on your pinch bolt design.

Have you considered cutting out the extra material in the middle of the carrier (directly underneath JDS logo) instead of welding the entire piece the length of the carrier without sacrificing strength and integrity?

I will likely leave the material under the logo and cutout a relief on the outermost edge for looks....

Essentially you would have (4) separate pieces to weld to the outside of the carrier housing instead of two solid pieces of 1/8" strap?

Actually the pinch straps are made from 7ga (.179" thick steel), and want to keep them as TWO so that thy are on the same plane.  Having 4 separate tabs would be harder to control parallelism between the pinch straps... That is no bueno.  I also may move the JDS logo "up" so it is more prominent.

I only mention this because I feel if you were to do that, it wouldn't  take as much away from your logo. Your logo is one if not THE main attraction on your product. You want EVERYONE to know who made that SOB. No different than Wheelman, stellar, fireball, ect.....

Just a suggestion. Very impressed with the new swingers. Now just give more thought to your  a-arm idea ;)

Give me a few months to get this swingarm game dialed in, then I do plan on moving into the A-arm and J-arm game.

see in your quote box for my responses, lol.